Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

CorelDraw9 / Printer = HP Color Laserjet 4500
    Win98 SE / AMD 650 Athlon / 128Mb ram what else?

Problem = Corel won't pick up Legal size paper size for printing. I always have to go into the properties on the print window and change paper size to Legal. The corel doc page size is legal. WordPerfect (Office 2000) changes the paper size for me but not Draw. Any suggestions? It's kind of a drag to have to constantly change paper size.

Seems like I'm the biggest 'dummy' out here. I have been inundating you all with questions, questions... am I making a pest of myself. Hope not.
    Marie
    IP

CorelDraw9 / Printer = HP Color Laserjet 4500
    Win98 SE / AMD 650 Athlon / 128Mb ram what else?

Problem = Corel won't pick up Legal size paper size for printing. I always have to go into the properties on the print window and change paper size to Legal. The corel doc page size is legal. WordPerfect (Office 2000) changes the paper size for me but not Draw. Any suggestions? It's kind of a drag to have to constantly change paper size.

Seems like I'm the biggest 'dummy' out here. I have been inundating you all with questions, questions... am I making a pest of myself. Hope not.
    Marie
    IP

Marie, I think you have to change your options to have the legal be the default. Otherwise you have to change it every time. The only automatic is the landscape to portrait. If you always print on legal, go into the options dialog and change it there. I'll have to check it out myself but I think that is how you'd have to do it. I just resign myself to changing the paper size when I go to print but I move from 11x17 to letter to smaller all the time. Hope that helps.
    Pat Gibson
    PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    IP

Thank you Pat.
    No legal will not be my default, but good idea if it were.
    You mention you print 11 X 17! I'm considering purchasing a HP5000 to print 11 X 17. What printer do you use for oversize? I currently have ink jets (HP1120C, Epson1020) but need laser for T-shirt/screen printer client. Output will be color separations so don't need large format color laser. (Too much $$ for this small shop anyway.)
    IP

Marie, I have a HP1200 color ink jet that I really like. The output on photo paper looks as if it were developed film! It does everything from small card stock to 13xbanner paper. I had a Cannon that was over sized but the ink kept drying up. This one was expensive but I am very happy with it except you have that darn half inch margin on one end and that means if you want to print out a newsletter, it has to have half inch margins or more. I am trying to find parent sheets so I can do the masters for my newsletters.
    You are right about the color lasers, they are high but the quality is great. I got to use a dyesub on a contract job once and it was really amazing but one would have to expect that from a $60K printer!
    Later,
    Pat
    PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    IP

Marie

You could install another copy of the printer rename it printername-legal and set this default paper size to Legal.

You then only have to select this from the pull down printer list in the CorelDRAW print dialogue box instead of navigating to the printer options screen

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP