Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Brush bristles too close!?

Hi,

I have been working on hair and fur, and have been using 'Brush Creator' to modify the available brushes.

I'm happy with how it's working out except for one problem, the bristles always start from a central point when you touch the canvas.

I want the bristles to remain in a constant position throughout the brush stroke ie, if I was painting traditionally and using a flat brush, the resulting brushstroke would have bristle marks that are parallel throughout the stroke. They would not be close togther at the start and end of the stroke.

I hope this makes sense?

So I'm hoping someone can help me solve this frustrating problem please?

I'm sure I'm just missing something

Many Thanks
    Richard
    IP

Default Re: Brush bristles too close!?

It's hard to say what you might do to the brush variant you're using without knowing exactly which one it is (by exact brush category name and brush variant name) and what brush control adjustments you've made to that specific brush variant.

For now, try using a brush variant that has Bristle controls available.

For instance:

Acrylics' Captured Bristle uses Dab Type: Static Bristle and Stroke Type: Single. In the Brush Controls' Bristle palette, there are four bristle controls you can adjust: Thickness, Clumpiness, Hair Scale, and Scale/Size.

There are other brush variants in the Acrylics category that also have Bristle palette controls available.

Check through other brush categories and their brush variants to find ones that allow Bristle control.

TIP: It's less disruptive to use the Brush Controls palette than it is to launch the Brush Creator which opens in a different interface.

Window > Brush Controls > Show General will open all of the Brush Controls palettes docked together as a group so you can make on the fly brush control adjustments any time you want.

Jinny
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Default Re: Brush bristles too close!?

Hi Jinny, I'll give you suggestions a go.

Many thanks
    Richard
    IP