Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Dreamweaver CS3 and MM?????

I have used Menu Maker for many years and found it simple and extremely useful in my site design business but now I find that I cannot use it in Dreamweaver CS3 !!!!
    This great little application is now dead on it's feet as a serious design tool and suitable only for amateurs using old software. Why can't we have an updated DW extension and keep MM in the running as one of the cheapest, simplest means of producing quality menus???? If it's cost then up the price, I'd happily pay extra to keep MM in my toolbox.
    I've often wondered why MM has not been developed beyond v1.1, why is it not possible to incorporate custom designs created in Xara X for example? I still LOVE my Xara products and feel great loyalty to the company but I will be forced to turn elsewhere unless the software keeps pace with competitors.

sad and despondent !!!!!!

Default Re: Dreamweaver CS3 and MM?????

Quote Originally Posted by Shotan View Post
    I have used Menu Maker for many years and found it simple and extremely useful in my site design business but now I find that I cannot use it in Dreamweaver CS3 !!!!
    This great little application is now dead on it's feet as a serious design tool and suitable only for amateurs using old software. Why can't we have an updated DW extension and keep MM in the running as one of the cheapest, simplest means of producing quality menus???? If it's cost then up the price, I'd happily pay extra to keep MM in my toolbox.
    I've often wondered why MM has not been developed beyond v1.1, why is it not possible to incorporate custom designs created in Xara X for example? I still LOVE my Xara products and feel great loyalty to the company but I will be forced to turn elsewhere unless the software keeps pace with competitors.

sad and despondent !!!!!!
    What the hell? Is MenuMaker not compatible with DW CS3? That sucks - not a little but a lot. Have you gotten any response to this at all?

Quote Originally Posted by thevirtualwrite View Post
    What the hell? Is MenuMaker not compatible with DW CS3? That sucks - not a little but a lot. Have you gotten any response to this at all?
    I hear crickets...... silence is golden but not when it comes to product support. Someone from Xara or whatever the company name is should answer whether Menu Maker will be compatible with DW CS3.

I would just bet you some of the very people who are supposed to be supporting this software would be the first persons to complain about a lack of technical support from Microsoft or any other large company.

Have either of you contacted Xara Support? http://support.xara.com/

The forums are made up of software users not Xara employees or support staff. We do not have access to any information about updates or support issues.

Since Xara Ltd was acquired by MAGIX AG in January of this year there has been little information about what programs would be updated.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

If you are using DW CS3 why are you not using the menu facilities within that? And use MM to generate the graphical bits?

The newer CSS-based approaches to navbars work well and reduce the JavaScript element greatly.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Ahhhhh! Now I think I know what my trouble is. I have Dreamweaver Cs3 but unfortunately have purchased MM - but get this message in dreamweaver when nav bar is exported

"While executing inspect selection in XMMDWExPilocked. htm, a Java script error occurred. "

I wonder if I can ask for my money back.

Many thanks.

Lynn Zingel

Lynn

This link may help you: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...d=tn_19105#dat

...but there is a lot to wade through, I'm afraid.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk