Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm going to attempt to post a Flash Movie

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on August 04, 2000 at 06:51 AM.]
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm going to attempt to post a Flash Movie

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on August 04, 2000 at 06:51 AM.]

Looks great Gary: except for the eXtra X in XaraX.nullundefined

Gary,

It looks great. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a blind eye to obvious spelling mistakes.

Regards

Egg [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice Gary !!.....but tell me truly,,is there really such a product as Purina Hen Chow ??........Tad

Not only have I created a tremendous design gaf, but the new software won't let me change the image nor delete the message.

So I am going to try this again, with the version of the Flash animation that I have used on the Xara X preview page.

OK So I see that the software accepted the new version but would not accept the new version when I tried to revise the first post. Curious. Is it a bug, or a feature? If it's a bug, we need to feed it some Purina Bug Chow.

Tad, how am I supposed to know if there is a Purina Hen Chow? We feed the girls Natural Egg Producer Crumbles that we purchase at the Bar Ale up in Petaluma. $6 for a 50 pound sack.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Hi Gary!

I think I see the same anim in the top as the bottom. I also don't see any misspelling. Is my mind playing tricks on me? What did I miss?

Re: mind playing tricks

I thought that a while back, the note at the bottom says the messages can be edited only within the Hour after you've posted. (ack!they named it forum rules it moved to the top! I guess it was always there. That sneaky brain of mine . . . moves things around in my recollection)

So yes, after an hour the message has set in stone. (Boooo)

I am really really missing some of those cool features of the other forum. . . hierarchies/topic trees. . . eternal editability of messages (sometimes I don't even re-view my messages until hours later). . . previews. . .
    i had even figured out how to get rid of the mystery gifs (it took a few extra clicks but it worked)

I think that part of how they are controlling the speed of the loading of these pages is by controlling the number of posts to a page. (since this is being laid out in a table, any and all tables will take longer and longer to load the more info you put in them. --- at least it does in Netscape -- I think IE is a wee bit faster)

But I had forgotten how slow the old forum was. I went to the painter forum and it was "painfully slow".

I'm really hoping that the topic trees will come back to the forum . . . maybe if we plant a topic seed . . . or a topic sapling (geez somebody ought to pay me for these ideas some of them are good!)

Athena

:

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on August 08, 2000 at 04:12 AM.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. The new forums are remotely hosted, which means we have no access to the code. So I can make note of comments and suggestions, which I'm doing, and pass them on to the developer, but there can be no assurance when or if such changes will be made.

I have the feeling the tree display will be back, but not right away.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>

</blockquote>

No your eyes are not playing tricks on you, Athena. Chris snuck in and posted the correct Flash movie, the one without the embarrassing misspelled Xara (it was XAXA!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Thank you Chris and Gary for clarifying that.

Gary, you think that is bad. I once sent a short fiction story to an editor whose name was actually Elise, but I swear that the writers' guide said Elsie. .(I thought I looked and re-looked at the addresses for misspellings -- I even made a mental note of how unique it was to have an editor named Elsie. . . )

She(Elise) wrote the nicest rejection letter I ever got. . . . I felt so low for getting her name wrong. (and she never mentioned my misspelling her name... her signature was sufficient)

Oh well. I'm glad you got that fixed. And I'm glad I wasn't imagining things.

Athena
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.