Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Java Script (etc.) and Web design

Quite right Juergen. Use the tools and technology that suit your circumstances and aspirations.

Paul

Here's a cool design.. http://www.asylum.fr/#/accueil/

Paul

That site is good Paul, quick, clean and efficient it's easy to navigate and the visuals are directly related to the products - adding to the information. I've seen much worse text sites. What I find annoying are what I think of as 'bolted together' sites, clunky affairs littered with Flash-ads - a neccessary evil I suppose - that seem never to fully load, if at all, despite plenty of RAM etc, and where information is difficult to get at. Even The Guardian (my favourite newspaper site and award winning), though sorting itself out slowly after a revamp, grinds away at my patience at times and it's the 'hi-tec' links that often break .

I'm not a Luddite by any means, I just think a lot of sites are adding Flash and other technologies merely because they can.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Paul,

I tried to have a look at that site from within a customers network .
    Only thing I saw was the request to install a more recent version of flash which is not possible here.
    So while I can't tell what they offer when you get in, I can tell that there is no fallback solution for people who do not have the appropriate flash version for that site installed.

Juergen

Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    I can tell that there is no fallback solution for people who do not have the appropriate flash version for that site installed.

Juergen
    Yes, you're quite right, but the people who they make the site for won't be people who have old flash players. I think the flash player they require has been out for about a year.

A bit harsh, but there's no point in them spending money to support what are now obsolete technologies when very few of their target audience will have a problem.

Paul

link seems broken right now
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

cancel that -its back
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...