Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Parking Problem

Default Parking Problem

I wish that guy would park elsewhere instead of on our lawn, it lowers the tone of the district.

For those interested it took me about five hours with breaks to do this one.How quickly time passes. Drawing with Xara is like trout fishing for leaving the cares of the world behind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RollsRoyceII.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	42041  
    Last edited by parahandy; 04 October 2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Fender Under bumper
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Default Re: Parking Problem

B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!! Nice work Norman.

Norman,

Not just in regards to this one particular illustration...

I'm very impressed (awed really... ) at your talent, persitance and hard work. You are so very much showing that "it" can be done, and that "it" can be anything you want it to be.

Next time when the thought about whining (about anything) crosses my mind - I'll think about it a lot harder...

*Risto stands up and applauds*

Risto

Thank you GeminGuy.
    Risto, thank you very much, coming from you such praise is praise indeed, believe me I do really appreciate your remarks. and spurs me on to do more I thought maybe people were getting tired of cars and was going to ease off on them, we will see.

Norman, the way you set your work into your backgrounds is also getting much better. It's could not have been easy to judge the relative sizes of the car and the house in this latest one, but you've managed it effortlessly, or at least it seem effortlessly. If you like drawing cars, then draw cars.
    You never heard Constable say "Should I stop drawing haywains?", or Lowry say "Should I stop drawing matchstick men?"
    Did you? No. of course you didn't.
    Sticking to similar themes in your work doesn't mean you are being unimaginitive, or boring, or that you should test yourself with something new. You are progressing superbly in your field of expertise, and cars are bloody difficult to do well, ask anyone here (except perhaps Ron).
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

What an output Norman. This is another persons who stands up and applauds. You put us all to shame and as well you gave the images in this months Xone, great work.
    Design is thinking made visual.

What can I say? Is creating these wonderful cars your full-time job? LOL! Not only a high quality, but a high output too. I agree that working with Xtreme is very restful, as opposed to painting with Photoshop. Xtreme seems to encourage an almost zen-like focus, but care has to be taken with time, I would love to move entirely to working with Xtreme, but I just don't have the speed or technique to make that viable...yet.

The posts of yours, Bob Hahns and others, are inspiring, keep up the good work Norman.
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 05 October 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Aw! shucks folks what can I say, your comments make me feel real good.
    I will never be a Lowry or a Constable of course so thanks Bob you have a good point there I feel a lot better after reading it.

Thanks to you too Albacore and ok on the featured artists this month, well, nobody was more surprised than me to be asked to contribute, when I started out on this lark I never dreamed I would get that far.

Thanks go you as well Mark, as to output well I am posting another car I finished today. My other hobby is making garden furniture but have done very little this year due to poor weather. Sooooooooo folks it's cars and more cars Ha Ha.

Norman your skills improve with each new image. Draw cars, flowers, anything that pleases you. We love seeing any images you share with us here.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill. I am sorry if this seems as though I am always bumping my threads to the top but it is only out of politeness that I do it.