Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Certificate Edge...

There is a Certificate (in files: Certificate 1) that I am making use of... BUT, there is an 'Edge' to IT that I would like to get Rid of... (kinda like put something on a line/path, then making the Line/Path Invisible...

Yet I can NOT figure where this 'edge' is so I can get to, to delete or make white/neutral color... HELP!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Default Re: Certificate Edge...

I have only Illy CS and my "certificate 1" is different to yours but it is a brush so just go into your "Open Brush Library" by pressing on the arrow on your brushes palette and then load some of the Libraries until you get the style that you want. If you could also be slightly clearer in your specification of what you want as well as I am not quite sure. If it is line line shown on the attached image just "Alt click" on the brushes palette and drag it onto your art board where you can edit the drush and then re-save it back into your palette.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Albacore; 29 September 2007 at 01:39 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Illy CS is what I have too - Good Catch Albacore, this cert must be a download (possibly from the Adobe Exchange, I'll have to Track & Check).

And, Yes, that is the 'line' that I want to get rid of -Sorry I didn't think to add and arrow to it as it was the only line there.

(and being in came from else where, it's not in my Brushes - I'll hope I can find the source to see if there is a 'brush')

Thanks for all the Help Albacore - Appreciated.
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Question Re: Certificate Edge... Update: File Location

Albacore, I found where I get it... in InDesign (CERT3-IS-NKT-NON) No wonder I don't have a Brush - I guess I must have Copied & Pulled into ILLY...

I am not real familiar with making a brush there... can I drop a piece of it and make one or should I try to cut it up (straits & corners)?

Thanks
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

No such thing in ID as brushes, what does it say when you have the border selected in Illy, does it say RGB tagged? If it doesn't say that and you can ungroup after expanding selection and then you will have to save each main part as a pattern and then develop your brush from there it is fairly easy. Main thing to do is to have a read of your help files this gives you a good explanation.
    IP

Question Re: Certificate Edge...

Where does it say: "... does it say RGB tagged?"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illy-Strangeness.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	42047  
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Well as you can see it's a font. In ID have a look at what fonts are used in the doc. then try and use the same font in Illy as the way fonts are used in Illy differs from ID. There are many of these type of fonts on the web mostly are the Arabic style and have a look at this, as Ahktar did most of his composition using fonts: http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/sep07/14.html

Sorry forgoy to answer your question down in the bottom left where it states in you screen shot "Selection".
    Last edited by Albacore; 05 October 2007 at 09:44 AM.
    IP

<blush> I am kinda lost at this... (seems like if it was a 'font' then I would 'see' the border... oh, well... I am going to try to 'Break' apart and make a Brush out of it. (should be an interest project)

Thanks for Info about this -- Tom
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Tom it's a path or line, text placed in doc doc select both then from Type select "Type on a path". If you highlight the border in ID it should tell what font is used and to do it this way is much easier than fannying around making brushes.
    IP