Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel® Painter™ Essentials 4 Released - Pretty Neat - Take a Look

Hi folks,

One of the things I've been doing over the past few months is working on the Corel Painter Essentials 4 Beta team.

I found it very interesting to see what Corel has done with the Painter Essentials 4 interface and hope some of you will take a look at the videos linked at the bottom of the release announcement page on the Corel site, each of them beginning with an introduction by John Derry.

One reason is that I hope to work on the next full Painter Beta team which has not been announced yet but I expect it will be one day. I'd like to know what you think of the Corel Painter Essentials 4 interface and features in case any of them are considered for inclusion in the next full Painter version.

Personally, I'd like to see Corel Painter remain focused on being a digital art studio and not go too far into focusing on Clone painting photos, because Painter has always been so unique as a sophisticated digital art studio... designed for artists.

Not everyone will agree with me, of course, but that's my personal preference. This does not mean I won't support people who do Clone painting of photos because I will, and certainly respect anyone's choice as to how they use Corel Painter. Some photographers are using Painter to produce beautiful work based on their photos and making a very good living doing portrait paintings on commission. That's nothing to sneeze at, for anyone who wants to earn a living doing what they love.

Here's the link to the Corel Painter Essentials 4 release notice page at Corel:

Corel® Painter™ Essentials 4

Please take a few minutes to let me know what you think, even if you may never use Corel Painter Essentials 4 yourself. Again, it will be useful to get feedback should I have the opportunity to work on the next full Corel Painter version.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

http://www.pixelalley.com/Avatars/au...nm01_130px.jpg
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Default Re: Corel® Painter™ Essentials 4 Released - Pretty Neat - Take a Look

Jinny -

Thank you for pointing us in this direction. I mainly design greeting cards from my photos and have been using Corel PhotoPaint and Painter IX. However, I was quite frustrated at all of the choices and complications in Painter IX. It looks like Corel Painter Essentials will be a much more fun program for me to use.

The only thing that concerns me, after seeing the introduction video, is not being able to eliminate the brush drawer with brush history from the workspace as I prefer my workspace to be large and uncluttered.

After I have received and used this new program, I will be able to comment further if you would like.

Warm regards -
    Callie aka Snow`Star
    Last edited by Snow`Star; 29 September 2007 at 11:59 AM.
    IP

The brush drawer himself is a great solution in my eyes. There are some really great ideas behind the GUI of Painter (like the Color Mixer area). IMHO the developers shows what's the right way to develop a paint solution.

Remi
    IP

I have had a quick look at it and first impressions are good. Additional comments to follow once I have played in it more.
    Last edited by Soquili; 28 September 2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
    IP

Callie,

Thanks for taking time to comment. Yes, I would like to hear what you think after using Corel Painter Essentials 4.

remi,

If you're talking about the Mixer palette in Corel Painter Essentials 4, I'm assuming you don't use a full version of Corel Painter. The reason I say that is the Mixer palette is not unique to Corel Painter Essentials 4. It's just been added in this version of Painter Essentials.

Starting with Corel Painter 8, we've had the Mixer Palette in full Painter versions.

Yes, it is a great feature that makes digital painting even more natural and more like tradtional painting.

Thanks for taking time to comment.

Ted,

Thanks. I look forward to hearing what you think after some time using Corel Painter Essentials 4.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP