Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need help redrawing this logo.

The way that you tried to do this would not give you any chance of Blending you would need to make smaller shapes and blend them to the background. Have a look at this, it is not really finished but it is a way that you could do it and the add smaller shapes. Because I am using a older version of Illy and the file gets change to a PDF on upload your file changed quite radically with fill being changed to bitmaps so I had to make the bird larger to cover the feathering and trans that I did> I am sorry I have no more time to spend on it as I have to go to work but have a try to improve the drawing by adding more shapes and removing the linear colour fill to a flat red.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

if there is a feather, and transpearency options in CS, I would suggest to use them to blend the two colors of the bird...
    Nice logo by the way....

I had purchased CS3 some time ago from a student, and had never used vector graphics before.... If you get yourself the free trial of Xara, it will really help to get you aquainted before tackleing CS3 , the version I purchased (for $50.00, my luck) also came with a tutorial classroom cd... does the commercial version come with it??

Good luck
    IP

You blend the colors using a gradient. In this case, you should use the gradient mesh tool.
    IP

I had some trouble opening the file (as I use Linux) but happy to say, it can be opened with "Gimp"!!
    I understand you're using CS3 for this but just offering different avenues for you.
    Gimp is available for windows:
    http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

From within Gimp you can convert the file to work in Xara, etc. So, hopefully that helps a little in the future as well?? CS3 is nice, but it is also nice to have a few other options too.

The possablities with Gimp as well as Xara, and even InkScape are really great, especially if you are unfamiliar with CS3, etc. (the fore-mentioned softwares are more "user friendly") when it comes to newer users... and can greatly help in understanding the workings of CS3 and alike...
    Last edited by geminiguy; 05 October 2007 at 07:52 PM.
    IP

Hello, hopefully, this is close to what you're looking to achieve? Hope this helps. (just right click, choose "view image" then click on + and then right click and save image as. This is built more on Albacore's model / file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo_cropped.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	42068  
    Last edited by geminiguy; 06 October 2007 at 02:27 AM. Reason: posted wrong size file
    IP

Might I suggest the use of the 'crop' tool on this one Geminiguy?
    Your 1669x1309 image has plenty of white-space that could be cropped out leaving your version of the artwork the same viewable size (475x790).
    IP

Ahhhh?? I fully apologize Sledger... I posted the wrong one as I was in a hurry, sorry I will go back and resize it
    IP

Now that is a well drawn image Paul, well done. Paulkola should be happy with that. Yes I would use the gradient tool too Coningham but Paul was having trouble even using the pen tool so I was trying to keep it simple.
    Last edited by Albacore; 06 October 2007 at 09:08 AM.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP