Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help redrawing this logo.

This is the only copy I have. I have illustrator and photoshop but cannot figure out how to do it. Please any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEST.JPG 
Views:	787 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	41750  
    IP

Default Re: Need help redrawing this logo.

In Illustrator you'd have to use a gradient mesh for the bird and another one for the globe.
    IP

Re: Need help redrawing this logo.

i have to redraw it first though and the copy i have is so small. it's only 26k and i want to redraw it so it can be sized for anything. PLEASE HELP!!!
    IP

I don't know if this is of any help with Xara you can make it any size you wish.
    Does your program not have an enlarging device in it. Then trace it and save it to the size you want.

Name:	Peace.jpg 
Views:	763 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	41794  
    Last edited by parahandy; 28 September 2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Made it too large.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman
    IP

Do you have any familiarity at all with Illustrator?
    In order to resize it you'll have to turn it into a vector image, which you'll be doing by tracing it with the Pen Tool. You can resize the version you have in order to trace, but basically you'll have a lot of manual work to do.
    IP

Well let's give you a start. I have a globe which was done in Illy which you will find attached. The object like the bird just use the Pen Tool and I wouldn't try using the Gradient Mesh Tool if you are asking how to do this logo just use a linear colour set to a angle that looks right and then if you want any extra colour in just use the Pen Tool give it colour with a little feathering so that it blends in with the gradient colour better. Have a shor yourself and come back with any problems
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

I guess i am not as good as i like to think. this is what i have after doing a live trace in illustrator. i don't know what to do from here.
    IP

paulkola you appear to be a beginner with computer illustration techniques, and while we all had to start somewhere at one time, I think your choice of software (apparently without any form of training or mentor or even many hours of practice) is probably your biggest hurdle at the moment.

Fortunately you have landed at the right place for help. TalkGraphics was set up by the Xara Group who produce probably the best and most intuitive illustration software on the planet. I might suggest that downloading a trial of Xara Xtreme and learning to use the Shape Editor, fills, feathers and transparencies will likely be a rewarding experience for you.

As you can see below, I could reproduce your logo for you, but you would learn little - so learn a few basic techniques with Xara and (eventually) you'll find even Illustrator will make more sense.

Name:	paulkola.png 
Views:	740 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	41836  
    IP

I am not as fortunate as yourself with CS2 at least because when I tried to open your file in CS there was nothing there. If you have gone to the expense of buying the software you will think nothing of spending another £20 or less buying a book with a CD to help you get the most out of Illy. The ones that I would recommend is "Adobe Illustrator CS? Classroom Book" or "Illustrator CS? Wow" will take you through the steps require to get you use to the pen tool.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Unhappy Re: Need help redrawing this logo.

Ok, here you go. Hopefully your guys will be happy with me. After much trials and tribulations I came up with this. But, I cannot figure out how to blend those two colors to make it look like original. ie: almost like fire. I am attaching the AICS2 file.

Name:	logo.png 
Views:	734 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	41910  
    IP