Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Sockxpert.com - Stock Images. Yours?

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I suspect that many posters here would be happy to sell some of their work for a negligible sum, just as a way of sharing and getting even a little commercial recognition for their work. It's not all about money.
    Nobody in this thread disagrees - jump in with both feet if you wish, nobody will stop you! Some (I'm one of them) are merely trying to educate the ones that don't know of how it works, to not go in blind - but to research!

In any event, whose to say what a few images sold for an euro might lead to in terms of more lucrative work? I for one am very grateful that people do allow their work to be sold on these sites.
    Nobody in this thread disagrees - jump in with both feet if you wish, nobody will stop you! Some (I'm one of them) are merely trying to educate the ones that don't know of how it works, to not go in blind - but to research!

I am grateful for the debate about the economics of these sites and really do feel the better for it, but I think the agressive tone against these sites is best left out of the forums. The point has been well made.
    The thread didn't belong here in the first place, but as it was viewed and placed on a busy forum - it needed a reality check, and not just a "thumbs up!"

I'm actually dissapointed by the reception given to the guy from stockxpert. I think that while he did have a personal agenda, he was not from some fly by night operation and many people did actually point out competing sites.
    How about the other 20 micro stock sites, 43 normal stock sites, 109 web developers, 399 pill pushers, 153 hosting services, 68 software companies and the 2093 other business that try push ther products and services here? How about their personal agendas?

My issue is with the promotion of one particluar site - as that's how it started (read post one). Members are free to discuss the pros and cons of any of these sites.

So basically, we're all adults, can form an opinion and not everyone wants to make a big income from their work, but it doesn't mean their selling out in some way.
    What if I went really crazy one night and revealed that I, together with an old TG Corel Painter and CG member combine our effors on "leftovers" and rake in over $3000 a months from 4 micro stock sites? Of course it's not true... But if it was, would it make a difference? No! I'm merely saying that people should do their homework to understand how it works before committing. And that there are more options that just the one mentioned.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 02 October 2007 at 11:47 PM.
    IP