Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a .tiff image that I wish to convert to line art. However, when I use the unsharpen option and convert it to bitmap, most of the image is blurry or partially missing. I tried different settings for unsharpen and yet the improvement is very minimal. Am I missing a step somewhere? What else can I try?

thanks

Alf
    IP

Hi ALf

Im not really sure where you are getting the unsharpen option. Do you mean you are using the unsharpen filter?

Anyway, the best way to convert to lineart is by changing mode to greyscale and then to bitmap (lineart) using the 50% threshold option. Anything above the 50% threshold (or value) will be converted to black, below -- white.

The unsharpen filter is used to make things more visable by the human eye. It detects lines or areas that have differences in value (depending on your settings used in the unsharpen dialog box) and will make pixels on the lighter side lighter and darker on the darker side. It essentially increases the contrast around edges of things. This is very helpful when touching up scanned photos.

Beth
    IP

Thanks Beth!!!

Your advice worked very well... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I appreciate it!!

Thank you Thank you!!

Alf [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP