Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm sure this was covered in The Old Forum but I have forgotten how it was solved:

I have lost my bitmap gallery -- when I press the button for it, it depresses as usual but the gallery itself doesn't show up on the screen. It must be opening somewhere.

I think the original answer was to change up to the next screen resolution, but I've tried this and it didn't work. I usually work at 1024×768 but have recently had cause to work at 800×600.

But, hopping up to 1152×862 doesn't reveal the window.

Is there a keyboard stroke to move a window into view or something else that might help?

Thanks

Daniel
    IP

I'm sure this was covered in The Old Forum but I have forgotten how it was solved:

I have lost my bitmap gallery -- when I press the button for it, it depresses as usual but the gallery itself doesn't show up on the screen. It must be opening somewhere.

I think the original answer was to change up to the next screen resolution, but I've tried this and it didn't work. I usually work at 1024×768 but have recently had cause to work at 800×600.

But, hopping up to 1152×862 doesn't reveal the window.

Is there a keyboard stroke to move a window into view or something else that might help?

Thanks

Daniel
    IP

The galleries can get lost behind the Windows Taskbar so, at your maximum screen res., minimise all programs and move the Taskbar to a different side.

If that doesn't work you'll have to modify the registry directly with Regedit. With Xara not running, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\CorelXARA\Version 2.0\BarsNormal\5 or ...\14

(Xara alternates the settings between these two keys)

The last two entries, below "Bitmap gallery" and "Gallery", are the "x" and "y" positions. Set them both to 0. This will do no harm even if there is another cause of the problem.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP

Thanks Sean, the title bar of my Bitmap Gallery was hiding in the screen area hidden by the task bar when I am in the 1152×862 resolution.

I've no idea how it got there, because I certainly didn't put it there !!
    IP