Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

.swf flash files not recognised

hi guys, i'm new to flash
    my computer does not show the little 'f' icon next to my flash .swf files nor does it recognise what program created it etc etc just that annoying generic icon shows next to my flash files, am i missing something? do i have to download or install a flash plugin or whatever before i can successfully recognise .swf files?
    your help appreciated
    HH
    IP

Default Re: .swf flash files not recognised

You need a Flash player which is free download from Adobe
    Jim
    IP

help!!!!

guys, thanx for the help so far but i am still struggling with the flash...

1. i create a flash file of about 20 frames, runs and previews great in xara extreme pro
    2. i go to file> export animation
    3. i save the file to my webpage folder but the file does not have the little 'f' icon next to it in my directory, it has that 'unknown file' icon
    4. i insert the <object> html into my webpage and change the file name to my file
    5. i publish/upload my site
    6. all i see is a white square, the background rectangle, where my flash file should be

please help, i have downloaded adobe flash player 9 etc but am i missing something? why is the little 'f' icon not showing next to my .swf files?
    please help, my hair is thinning
    HH
    IP

Default Re: help!!!!

HH,

Please don't double post. I've merged these threads together as they are dealing with the same subject.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: help!!!!

2. i go to file> export animation
    What file type are you using for the export?

3. i save the file to my webpage folder but the file does not have the little 'f' icon next to it in my directory, it has that 'unknown file' icon
    It's difficult to say why your computer doesn't know the file association of the file. Have you tried to manually associate it to a swf file type?

Have you copied and posted the html code that's available when you preview the swf to your webpage? Why have you changed the filename?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

hi egg
    i am using the .swf file type when exporting, but it still shows with the 'file not recognised' logo

i have copied the html when you preview the flash in xara extreme pro and i have changed the default file type to the name of the .swf file i saved beforehand

all i get is the white rectangle, even though the file plays smoothly in xara flash
    your help appreciated
    Herb
    IP

Could you give me the name of your swf file and post the code you're embedding in your html file?
    Egg

IP

here is the html, and i have attatched the .swf file, also:

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
    width="100" height="73">
    <param name="movie" value="xar7F.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="menu" value="true" />
    <EMBED src="nowinnofee.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" WIDTH="100" HEIGHT="73" NAME="yourmovie" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
    </object>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

lol, that smiley isnt supposed to be ther obviously, i think it mustve just accidentally got in there, but can you see that the red .swf file icon is next to the file now, but it's never there on my computer
    please help
    IP

HH,

Try this:

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
    width="100" height="73">
    <param name="movie" value="nowinnofee.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="menu" value="true" />
    <EMBED src="nowinnofee.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" WIDTH="100" HEIGHT="73" NAME="nowinnofee.swf" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
    </object>
    PS That's not a Smiley ....... that's a Gremlin!
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 13 September 2007 at 07:03 PM.
    Egg

IP