Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to enable drawing on canvas, in a movieclip.

You know there are tutorials out there to allow the user to draw right on the screen inside the flash movie.

I have tried to implement this drawing canvas in it's own movie clip unsuccessfully. Basically I want to be able to draw in just part of an area. But this code wants to take up the full movie area.

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti...awingboard.htm
    Anyone know how to put this drawing in a rectangle movie clip and not across the whole movie?

I'm using flash 8, so if theres a better way now to do this than this MX tutorial, please share.
    IP

Default Re: How to enable drawing on canvas, in a movieclip.

Hi Michael,

I did a few about 4 or 5 years ago. I attach the easiest (to colour) here.

I followed an excellent tutorial in www.actionscript.org

It's in the Tutorial section but I can't remember what it was called.

EDIT Here's 1

It's not the one I used, I can't find that one.

The attached was written in MX but seems to work fine in 8
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Availor; 13 September 2007 at 08:51 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hay Egg that’s a cunning piece of work, ideal addition for anyone building a site for a nursery.

Would it be ok to use it in a project sometime? Obviously I’d credit you for it

Manny
    IP

Be my guest Manny.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thanks Egg,

I finally figured it out a way for it to kind of work, and it's good enough for my project, though not what I thought I'd do. Essentially I'm masking out the area that I don't want to be a drawn area. i had some trouble finding your Actionscript code in the .fla file, but thats ok. Your reply motivated me to keep at it. without much code experience i got it to work.

If I ever finish this project, I'll post it for people to check out. It will be quite nice if ever finished i think .

-mike
    IP

That's fine Mike,

As I said it was a few years back that I created the drawing piece so without a lot of searching/headscrathing/pain I've no idea how I did it either.
    Egg

IP