Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Run

I wanted to try something that is only black and white kind of a comic book look. Something that kind a tells a story without words. This idea came to me at work. Something different from me, hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comic_book.gif 
Views:	505 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	9706  

I wanted to try something that is only black and white kind of a comic book look. Something that kind a tells a story without words. This idea came to me at work. Something different from me, hope you like it.

That is really cool, love the bridge and the cave in the mountan, the guy in the sky... its kinda hard to see some of the details... Love the car and the flames... really good job, I think you got the comic book look!
    Rian

Hi TimS,

That is really cool. Makes me want to draw something dark and creepy.

Stunning,

i especially like the way you have drawn the man's hair. Any clues to how this was done?

Carol Leather
    Carol Leather

Thanks for the nice comments.
    Carol, The face is nothing more than a few lines that are duplicated and flipped and moved to the other side. I have about 30 or so different faces so far. There great fun to do.
    Here is the face a little larger.
    tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	18172  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carol Leather:
    Stunning,

i especially like the way you have drawn the man's hair. Any clues to how this was done?

Carol Leather <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can do hair using line blends... I found a tuturoal my friend Lord did for me, it may help you http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...256#1071986256
    Rian

Great Image Tim. I think that the falling fencing completes the image.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

When I looked at this image for the first time - my mind snapped back to summer 1958.

I was stationed in the Southern California high desert around a place called Victorville in the USAF. Four buddies drove a black 1950 Mercury to San Francisco for a long weekend. On the way back everyone went to sleep including the driver. After a short while (or so they said!) they woke up to the clicking sound of posts being snapped by the front grille and the car bouncing over them as they drove on.
    The driver (a good friend) said " I woke up with a start - and saw the road had forked and the Merc' went through and along the fence in the middle of the fork in the road."
    After they stopped and got out - now all "wide awake", the front bumper only suffered some smears of white paint from the six-inch diameter posts and wasn't bent at all. Yep - they don't build 'em like they used too!

Love the image!!!

Wayne D

great story Wayne, thanks for sharing that!
    tim