Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "Plan View" Images/Photographs

Not sure if this is the right forum..

I've been searching for a source of cheap royalty-free images/photographs from a plan/top down/aerial view (ie looking straight down onto them) for use in a small project.

This is proving to be a big struggle. I usually use istockphoto, and while there are some images, there aren't many and even specifying a suitable search for this is proving problematic.

Any tips on finding affordable images like this? For my purpose I might end up buying some toys and photographing them!

Thanks,

Paul

Default Re: "Plan View" Images/Photographs

Hi Paul,

a top down view isn't easy, because you're not able to take a photo straight down as a normal passenger. I found a free photo with a shadow of a plane. Perhaps you'll find more photos at http://www.airliners.net/ (you have to talk with the photographers about a license). Another idea is to use a Flight Simulator game.

Regards,
    Remi

Yes, I realise it's not easy to take the photos.

I was actually looking for things like vehicles, building, trees, etc. It's not for a commercial thing so cheap and cheerful and quick is required, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the heads up. There are some things on istockphoto, but it's really hard to get a search query to give me photos taken from that view.

Here's an example of what I'm looking for: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_clos...php?id=3151315

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 05 September 2007 at 11:51 AM.

Why don't you try www.webshots.com any photos there are completely free!!!! just type what your lookin for in the search bar I just checked it and there are plenty of aerials!!!!
    Last edited by geminiguy; 06 September 2007 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by geminiguy View Post
    any photos there are completely free!!!!
    Webshots photos are not free available:
    The Pro Shots section of Webshots consists of photos that are licensed from professional photographers and stock agencies to be viewed on the site, downloaded into the Webshots Desktop as wallpaper or screensavers, sent as electronic greetings and purchased as poster-sized prints and gifts bearing images. All images in Pro Shots are all specially encoded to protect the copyright privileges of our professional photographers. You do not have the right to extract or print these images and Webshots does not authorize their use elsewhere. You may not use them in websites, presentations, slideshows or printed materials. You may not use, store, display, publish, transmit, distribute, modify, reproduce, create derivative works of, participate in the transfer or sale of, publicly perform, or in any way exploit any of this Content, in whole or in part, outside of the specific usage rights granted to you by Webshots as part of the services we provide. Those committing copyright violations may be subject to direct legal action by the copyright owners. We are unable to license Webshots images to third parties; if you would like to use any of the images, you will need to contact the photographer directly through a link under the image on our website. source: Webshots terms of use
    Remi