Not sure if anyone has raised this as a possibility -- "search" showed lots of threads containing the word "module" and I confess I didn't look through all of them, but those I did, did not seem to suggest this.

There have been loads of requests for this or that capability, and a tongue-in-cheek thread poking a bit of fun at people who absolutely cannot do without a weather forecast built in to Xara, etc., etc.

Well, since Xara has such a fabulous drawing engine, what about making an API or something available so that the really clever people out there could write modules (add-ins?) to do various other drawing tasks, using Xara's functionality and wonderful user interface to make the job a pleasure.

For example, a street map drawing module, which can do roads of different widths, with or without road markings, caters for "overs" and "unders", and so on -- all stuff you can do very nicely with Xara, but rather laboriously, and not everyone wants to draw maps -- but for those who do, it would be nice to have some programmatical help with the humdrum bits. Such a module may also be able to read map files, such as those used by TomTom, and let you edit them and resave them.

There must be quite a few other things that some people would like to use Xara to do, and I would imagine that there might be quite a growth of such add-ins, or modules, or extensions -- look at Firefox, and Google. <tongue-in-cheek>And those who simply have to have a weather forecaster built in, can have it!</tongue-in-cheek>

Or is this a totally off the wall suggestion?