Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hey
    i am very alien to photoshop. I saw some users having text in their photographs online. Can someone enlighten me how they do it. I dun think that is consider caption or header right because the text is in the photograph itself.

Appreciate some help.
    IP

hey
    i am very alien to photoshop. I saw some users having text in their photographs online. Can someone enlighten me how they do it. I dun think that is consider caption or header right because the text is in the photograph itself.

Appreciate some help.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seasonablue:
    I saw some users having text in their photographs online. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hoy! Seasonablue,

There is a filter for graphic programmes put text on photograph, in each font which is on y sistem.(PhotoTExtSolo)

http://www.extensis.com

Regards, Jozef.
    IP

hey alerts jo

thanks for replying. but i dun understand what you mean. i was told with photoshop i can do it but i dun know how. i do not want another new software because i have photoshop trial version on my computer and i want to make full use of it.

hope someone with photoshop knowledge can guide me along.

thanks.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seasonablue:
    hey alerts jo

thanks for replying. but i dun understand what you mean. i was told with photoshop i can do it but i dun know how. i do not want another new software because i have photoshop trial version on my computer and i want to make full use of it.

thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hoy, seasonablue

this is not another software, it is a photoshop filter.8bf for install in the filterfolder from photoshop, en work very well.

Regards Jozef.
    IP

hey alerts jo

i can do it but i dun know how

thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hoy,

-Select the text tool, and click on the image, a window for texts editing is open,
    -Type your text en click OK. THe text is now on a new layer on the photo. You can move the text ware you want. Wen you want the text on the bottem from the photo, you need to enlarge the canvas at the bottem with 10 a 15mm en put your text right there.

Regards Jozef.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tekstproof.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	1679  
    IP

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Seasonablue,

Photoshop isn't quite like WordPerfect or some other office type applications.

There is a Text tool in Photoshop. What happens is this:

open the image you want to put text ontop of.

then click on the little icon with a T on it that's your photoshop text tool. This will allow you to place text with any installed font anywhere ontop of your image.

the text tool lets you change colour, you can add an envelope to mould the shape of your text. and there's lots more but for now, we'll start with that.

If it's still clear as mud, let us know.
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP