Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Temptress!

Default Re: Temptress!

Your temptress is beautiful...but she couldn't tempt me!

Not with a cigarette in her hand...LOL
    ---
    Will

Thanks will.

Yes the devils weed, I heard bad girls still smoke, don't know any though.

I have to disagree with Parahandy (Norman) - I think it should be loves' - as in belonging to my love, and not love's which implies love is.

Keith

Sorry Keith,
    Norman is quite correct. Loves' would be possessive plural (although from the cover it looks like the chap certainly has got
    two loves).
    Love's is possessive singular (the eyes of my love). Whilst the apostrophe in Love's can denote a missing letter, in this particular case it wouldn't make sense.
    Love's blind does make sense for love is blind, but my love is eyes does not.
    Sorry to seem pedantic, but if this is going to be sold, a grammatical mistake might put some people off.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thanks Keith and Bob, this and helpful advice on the designs is why I post here. That particular error has been fixed (before I showed it to the client, thank goodness), but if you see anything else dumb, grammatical or otherwise, please let me know.

I stand corrected. I was looking at "my loves eyes" when as you correctly suggest it is actually "the eyes of my love" that positions the apostrophe.

There were many apostrophies in the bible........ Whoops, nope, sorry... that would be Apostiles..... (my bad)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMyWords View Post
    Here's another that needs knocking into shape. Overall I'm quite pleased with how it's coming, but there are one or two compromises I've had to make, especially in the composition.

So please take a look and any crits, comments or advice would be greatfully accepted.
    Hi Mark
    I wonder if you could tell us beginners how did you do this in some detail? Its the kind of drawing i love. Did you start with a pencil sketch on paper, imported it and then...???