Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A tricky one

Default Re: A tricky one

Hi Av... actually, TP info there has not been updated, and that page points to a very old version... bloc wasn't/isn't going to release his mod on sfm's site untll v1, and was releasing the current updates over at his own site, for the price of logging in... anyways, as chance has it, he is in the midst of changing over servers etc, and his site will be down for a slight bit yet... so in the mean time play away...

I got the files from my wife, she is on the Tiny Portal Team... enjoy

Your wife eh? Well I've installed it but it doesn't work properly it is very buggy. Maybe it's because I've installed the hebrew version of smf?

www.videoxone.com/smf2

username and password are admin both of them. take a look around.

oops, it looks like you are missing the language pack for Tiny Portal, and I don't think we can get this until bloc gets his site moved and launched...

in the mean time, I would suppose that Admin> server settings> language>English will allow to edit via TP admin area...

then when finished, just go back into server settings and change the language back... sorry bout the work around... I will have to note this for future purposes...

Also, you might leave the settings as english, then go into Profile>Account Related Settings and change to your language....
    Last edited by gidgit; 03 September 2007 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks, I will try that. Still, tiny portal is incomplete so I guess I will proceed with something like php-fusion or wordpress, or dotnetnuke for windows hosting

Cheers

Availor,

I do not use php, but regarding webparts, they are not part of DotNetNuke, but of asp.net. Without anything else but a Windows OS and a dotnet framework on it, you can have pages with webpart zones and webparts. there are many available out of the box and its not hard to write your own.

Juergen

P.S. If you do not want to use Windows, you can run it on Linux too. www.mono-project.com

Juregen, I know that webparts are asp.net feature - that's what makes this programming language so powerful. I know that php can use javascript to do the same.

Dotnetnuke uses webparts to drag about your website's contents, which makes it very interactive, user friendly and inviting to build.

Let's just say that it "bought" me