Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Concert Violin

I wanted to try my hand at a musical instrument, so I decided to try a violin first. Hope you like it...
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	violin.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	4654  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I wanted to try my hand at a musical instrument, so I decided to try a violin first. Hope you like it...
    ron

Xara's Facebook

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Ron,

Very, Very nice! Looks really good! Are the strings all the same width? Do not know much about violins. I thought the strings where all different ticknesses. They look the same width except the one on the far right.
    John/DOT

John,
    I just drew what was in the original photo. Even if you zoom in on the photo, all 3 strings look the same. But I do think you're right, they are actually different sizes, all be it difficult to see unless you can measure them. Also, different tones are created by tuning each string individually. Thanks for the observation...
    ron
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnR:
    hi Ron,

Very, Very nice! Looks really good! Are the strings all the same width? Do not know much about violins. I thought the strings where all different ticknesses. They look the same width except the one on the far right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	violin.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	9167  

Xara's Facebook

Very impressive! The horsehair of the bow needs a shadow, BTW, but otherwise it's very impressive. Is the woodgrain a bitmap or a fractal texture? And how about the tortoiseshell for the chinrest?

I think I'll post my pic of a Hammond B3 in the Xara Gallery...
    "Communication is everything"

Simply amazing Ron ... gee I'm sure glad you didn't try to tackle something HARD on your first attempt at a musical instrument

Let's see what you can do with a FRENCH HORN.

-Ed.

Ed,
    I'm working on that as we speak. Thanks,
    ron
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OklaEd:
    Simply amazing Ron ... gee I'm sure glad you didn't try to tackle something HARD on your first attempt at a musical instrument

Let's see what you can do with a FRENCH HORN.

-Ed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara's Facebook

Simon,
    The woodgrain is a combination of bitmap and two fractal textures. The chinrest I drew with some fractal and some freehand.(2 layers)
    thanks,
    ron
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Beck:
    Very impressive! The horsehair of the bow needs a shadow, BTW, but otherwise it's very impressive. Is the woodgrain a bitmap or a fractal texture? And how about the tortoiseshell for the chinrest?

I think I'll post my pic of a Hammond B3 in the Xara Gallery... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara's Facebook

Ron,
    You're absolutely amazing ... and you're giving the rest of us an inferiority complex.

-Ed.

Ed,
    No no no no... It's the work you guys do that inspires ME! You guys do stuff, well, I don't even know how you all do it. Your imaginations abound, and I envy that.
    thanks Ed,
    ron
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OklaEd:
    Ron,
    You're absolutely amazing ... and you're giving the rest of us an inferiority complex.

-Ed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara's Facebook