Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dateChooser

Default Re: dateChooser

Hi Availor, yes I use Kirupa it’s a very useful site indeed, oh and thanks for removing that post for me.

Egg
    I can’t seem to set it too, I think it might have to be done via the _global.styles.DateChooser.setStyle section and then it sets a default sizes that are relative throughout (well that’s what the help menu seems to suggest) but as the header date text and week day text has been set elsewhere it maybe conflicting, just an idea. I'm not to happy about the 50kb size too, but say you were going to use something like this on a full flash size the section could always be loaded in dynamically

If you find a solution let me know

Cheers

Manny
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by manny2k View Post
    oh and thanks for removing that post for me.
    What post? Egg?

Anyhow, you have these links. You can dowload some scripts for free, and some for very little cost.
    http://www.scriptsbank.com/Flash/index.html
    http://www.tufat.com/index.php

EDIT; oh and by the way, you can use flash cms for flash developers http://flashblocks.com
    Last edited by Availor; 29 August 2007 at 04:40 PM.
    IP

Thanks for those links Availor....bookmarked
    IP

any success on this one Egg with the date size?
    IP

Manny

Did a search on actionscript.org and came up with the following;

myDC.setStyle("fontSize","26")
    myDC.dateDisplay.setStyle("fontSize","12")
    26 is way to big but it does change the date size. 17 seems to be the maximum.

Really you need another piece of code to alter the button size behind the dates.

I find these components end up making more work than they cure.

Anyway just drop the code above on the end of your own code to see that it does in fact work. Hope you can make more of it than I did.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Nice one Egg,

I tend to agree with your take on components. I wonder if the button size behind the dates can be changed by fiddling with the skins, I’ll let you know if I have any success.

Thanks for the code snippet.

Cheers
    IP

Manny,

It just so happens that I need a diary for a site I'm working on. You can see the current state of play HERE

It's nowhere near complete, just 1 month at present, but once it is I'll send you a copy.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sorry for the delayed response Egg. Been having a few senior moments of late

Looking good though, the calendar is so much more legible than the flash component one, or is that the comonent skinned?, look forward to seeing the finished article and looking at the way it’s coded.

Nice one
    IP

Manny,

No it doesn't use the dateChooser so everything can be edited and enlarged etc if required.

Here's the almost completed diary

And here's the Edit Page to add/subtract events.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 23 September 2007 at 03:13 PM.
    Egg

IP

Thats a great piece of work Egg. I wouldnt mind a pick through that to see how you got it all working.
    You make some good applications.
    Weldone fella
    Last edited by manny2k; 23 September 2007 at 05:57 PM.
    IP