Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dateChooser

Default dateChooser

Has anyone used the dateChooser component with any success?

And does anyone know how to block out dates so their not selectable?

any pointers would be realy welcome

Cheers
    IP

Default Re: dateChooser

Manny,

I've never been a great lover of components, basically because they seem to have a minimum size of 36Kbs which is approx 9 seconds on a dial up system before anything else starts to load.

I've just had a quick look at the dateChooser component and it doesn't seem that hard to set up. It seems very simple say to black out every Sat and Sun and a bit more complicated to black out dates between one date and another.

How you actually get any action on clicking a date I've no idea and the help file doesn't seem to contain any info on this either.

Perhaps we can work it out together although I think the actual component looks crap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	834 
Size:	2.1 KB 
ID:	40846  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I think the actual component looks crap.
    I, on the contrary, love the clean design. It's very "in" now. Take a look at google.
    IP

Thanks Egg, I forgot the help menu in flash (sometime’s I can’t see the wood for the trees), and you right their doesn’t seem to be any info on attaching actions apart from showing the date, however after an extensive goggle search and hacking a few other peoples work together( I’ll use Availors quote here “no need to reinvent the bicycle”) I seem to have ended up with a useful an functional piece of flash with a lot of code that I haven’t got a clue on which I will try to understand as I pick through it, it’s kind of like a flash blog that is xml driven with a touch of CSS.Just want to style the dateChooser a little so i guess it's back to the help menu.

I’ll post the results once I’ve got it running and looking ok as I think it will be a very useful addition to anyone’s toll box.
    IP

Availor,

I've no problem with the clean design and I'm no lover of what's "in" at any particular point in time.

What I have a problem with is this tendency to create all text in Flash at 8pt's or less! More than this the selected date highlight is this very pale green. Hardly a highlight. Similarly the "Closed out dates" are nearly the same grey as the "open" dates.

Worse than this if you enlarge the component, the buttons and highlights alignment with the date get even more off-placed than they are at present.

Manny,

Please post the final results, I'd be interested in seeing the final output.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 27 August 2007 at 11:54 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Manny

No-one has asked what you are trying to achieve! There are some JavaScript options if you simply want to get dates into an HTML form.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

Egg
    will do, should be latter this week if I get time (with no bells and whistles I’d like to add) maybe someone will be able to expand on it, fingers crossed.

On the topic of the feel and look of the components egg I’ve worked out how to change the font size for the month header and days by embedding them via the setStyle AS still struggling with the dates though, seems there are a few options you can change via AS

Stlewis I’m just exploring the components in flash 8 and how they can be applied in practical terms and thought I’d have a bash at the dateChooser, it’s just a healthy interest really in trying to understand how they work, it’ll come in handy one day I guess.

Manny
    IP

Ok like I said no bells and whistle’s, just a very crude file, the main code is credited to the name in the comments in the .fla a little bit of CSS has been added, if anybody expands on this please let us all know and post it. (must have flash 8 pro for it to work)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Hi Manny,

Thanks for sharing that. I'm pulling it apart now. Very interesting. Still don't like the 50 Kb file size but that's me going back to dial up days ~ perhaps I need to rethink a bit on this but I still loathe Flash starts that have a pre-loader.

I still haven't found how to enlarge the date text.
    Egg

IP

Egg, you can change the pale green to any color your like without the need of coding (forgot how to do it though).

Mannym have you tried http://www.kirupa.com/ ? Lots of tutorials and ready-made scripts.
    IP