Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McLaren MP4/12

Thanx guys. You're defenetly talking about Xara.
    The truth is: with Xara you can't make mistakes. Even if you do, just simply correct them.

You encouraged me to enhance the image a bit. So I replaced the shadows to realistic ones and improved the track section and the left tyres.

to Allison:
    These are slick tyres.
    Treaded tyres have been used since 1998 in Formula One.

[This message was edited by Balazs Magyar on January 19, 2001 at 01:32 AM.]

[This message was edited by Balazs Magyar on January 19, 2001 at 03:59 AM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McLaren_MP4-12e2.JPG 
Views:	981 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	3996  

Now... THAT is great stuff!

And you don't have to make any excuses... photo
    or no photo - it is a great drawing!

The Russian man, is also great work, but not very
    representative of a vector program. But then again, maybe that's what Xara was after?

Xara should use this for sure!

Show us more!

/Risto

Wow! WOW!! WOW!!!

That is totally awesome! How in the world did you do that? One of your posts says that you copied it from a photograph. Could you explain a bit how I could do that. I've tried doing some portraits using photos and they came out looking ridiculous.

Is there a McLaren Tutorial available?

PS. That jpeg makes a great Desktop Wallpaper!

I read somewhere that the secret is in details.
    So all you need is patience and details.
    I carefully draw the outlines first and then put on the shapes of colors and reflections. I used different kinds of transparency and color fill effects a lot and fractals for the illusion of details.
    I haven't tried to make portraits yet. May be it's a bit difficult compared to this "technical drawing".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Details.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	282.4 KB 
ID:	9521  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Balazs When you note that you "carefully draw" the lines/shapes you need, I wonder what aids you use. Do you scan in the photo and then draw the illustration over top? Without scanning,I suppose a person could grid off the photo and use that as an aid for getting all your shapes in the right places. I'd find your advice in this area useful.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I use this method of scanning a drawing and tracing it on a layer above all the time but what I find amazing about Balazs drawings is it's sharpness and cleaness of line. I always overdo my "tracing". The level of accuracy and minimal (required) detail is what makes this a great drawing.
    Come on Balazs give us another drawing
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Would you be able to post the XAR file for that Mclaren? I'd like to analize it bit by bit. If you can't post the whole file, how about just the front tires or the windshield or something like that.

Your work really inspires me.

Yes, I do draw over the top of the photo.
    The web file of an older version is in the Xara Files Gallery ( http://www.hogarth.com/xara/ ), TechXart section (accidently three copy of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think ALL of the contents make a picture. The more you can reproduce the more realism you can get.

MB.

Ps: Since it is my very first and only complete drawing with Xara, I can't give you more [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] You will get one as soon as I make one. I use Xara in my spare time (I'm not an artist) so I don't have much time to do such things. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Balazs Magyar on January 24, 2001 at 05:42 AM.]

Nowadays far too much emphasis is being laid on the "originality" aspect of art. In past centuries, great artists often made portraits starting from a portrait that someone else made. Craftmanship and skill are as important as "originality", and to me, you ARE an artist. It's not a question of living from your art that counts, but your devotion. Xara is like a good brand of oil paint and first quality brushes, but it is you who made this great work, and I thank you for that. I hope to be able to achieve the same technical virtuosity one day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]