Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing the hardness of the pen tool?

Hello,

Still a newbie to PSP. I really like the pen tool but find it infuriating that when I draw a black line its grey around the edges. This problem is fixed when using the paint tool by just turning the hardness up to max. Unfortunately I cant seem to find a hardness option for the pen tool. Help would be much appreciated.

kind regards!

Shogunate
    IP

Default Re: Changing the hardness of the pen tool?

The grey around the edges is the antialias - without it you would get hard jagged edges.

Are you by any chance working with zoom in? Because this really shouldn't bother when viewing the image at 100%.
    IP

Thanks for help coningham. The trouble is when I'm using the pen tool to outline a pencil drawing I've done, and then use layers to remove the pencil leaving the pen, because of the grey lines along the edges of the pen when I use flood fill in areas the grey looks all speckly along the edges of the black line. Any possible solutions?
    IP

Are you sure you have the width set a zero? If you have a two different colors (foreground and background) the width will add the foreground to the stroke. I hope that makes sense.
    IP