Default Re: Dash patterns: for railway lines

agreed

selecting second 'locks' the last
    selecting last 'locks' the second

to 'unlock' need to select an intermediate pattern
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ah, I can duplicate that now. I was using what you would call the 3rd pattern (I didn't count the solid line as a pattern).
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, this is definitely a bug. The last dash pattern is actually a special one used for drawing the guidelines. The size of the dashes does not scale with the line width like it does for all the other styles and the actual dash definition is the same as the first one in the list. This confuses the gallery causing both of them to appear selected.

This problem is present back to Xtreme 2.0 (and probably earlier). It should be a pretty trivial fix.

Gerry

Thumbs up Re: Dash patterns: for railway lines

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Williams View Post
    Many thanks Raynerj1 and Egg for your suggestions. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Egg's method is a little bit more fiddly, but unlike the three line method it does work successfully with coloured sleepers/ties. See attached file.

Anyone else agree there is a problem with selecting the second standard dash pattern from the line gallery in the new version of Xtreme Pro?
    Nice Tracks Noel - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

Thumbs up Re: Dash patterns

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hello Noel,

As handrawn states you can either use a brush or the dash pattern. I think the brush works better but it depends a lot on what type of rail track you're after. A map type track or a more accurate track with sleepers. (sleepers are what we call the wooden/concrete bearers under the steel tracks. I'm not sure if this is the same name elsewhere.[EDIT. I now see you come from Scotland so disregard the sleepers comment ;-} ])

See attached xar file.
    Nice Tracks Egg - Thanks for Sharing - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

Cheers Tom. Attached is a xar file as an example of how using a single line, cloning it and giving it various line widths you can generate very convincing roads, railway lines and rivers.

One further point Tom. I'm on a new Crusade .... unless it is absolutely necessary please don't repeat earlier posting within new posts. It's not needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 23 August 2007 at 06:34 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thumbs up Re: Dash patterns: for railway lines

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    * * * Edited Responsibly * * *
    One further point Tom. I'm on a new Crusade .... unless it is absolutely necessary please don't repeat earlier posting within new posts. It's not needed.
    Hmmm, So, Simply: "No Quoting" ? Some Questions come to mind :

When did this start? (did I miss a post about it) - Am I the 1st ;-^)

Always Happy to Try to Follow the Requests - Thanks for Heads Up . . .
    Tom - Hwy101

Tom it is unnecessary to quote a post that is immediately before your reply. Anyone viewing the thread can see both without a duplicate within the reply.

It is wasteful of hard drive space on the Xara servers and makes following the logic of a thread difficult.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Unhappy Re: Dash patterns: for railway lines

So is continual Wacking - - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

Tom, it's just a request. Very sinilar to "Please stay on topic" requests. It's a comment you're likely to see over the next few weeks in a few threads. It's just a matter of trying to keep the threads clean and mean. No offence was intended, just some minor Moderation.
    Egg