Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modo

Default Re: Modo

My two cents about Modo.

I've got it since version 201, bought Dan Ablan's manual and studied many tutorials. I really tried to know the program (to make illustrations), but gave up. Why?

Modo has all bell and whistles, has smart falloffs system and a nice OpenGL shading in the viewport.
    But you know what? It is cumbersome in simple things; it has too variations on every function and this lead to confusion for the (newbie) user.

In the end I prefer Hexagon: in my opinion is very powerful and way more user friendly, without redundant features.

Wow - some really insightful views on the tool.

The good news about buying from DAZ is their 30 day money back. I got my own collection of digital dust in a folder somewhere!

Well Mike - all eyes seem to be on you to deliver - which will I'm sure be biased as you always make it look easy (just in case you did not have enough pressure :-) ).

Turan

In the end I prefer Hexagon: in my opinion is very powerful and way more user friendly, without redundant features.
    I'm glad you like Hexagon. Personally I purchase Hex from Daz for $1.99 because the info said it had surface snapping. It took me some time to figure out how to get it to snap to anything, then I found surface snapping was unpredictable and would snap to God only knows which part of the model. Attached image is another of my favorite features of hexagon, I love the way the drop down menu covers up the tool discription so I cant read it. Perhaps they should have made those menus semi transparent. Hex resides in my software morgue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hex.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	41026  
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 01 September 2007 at 09:06 PM.