Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xtreme pro 3.2.2 crash

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    DEP = Data Execution Prevention:
    Data Execution Prevention aims to protect your computer by making it harder for hackers to silently execute their programs in your PC.

Step-by-step guide here:
    http://www.windowssecrets.com/2007/0...rotect-your-PC

Note that the Data Execution Prevention tab of the Performance Options dialog box only lets you adjust DEP settings for 32-bit applications. If you have the 64-bit version of Vista installed (which can run both 32- and 64-bit apps), you're covered: Windows applies DEP to all 64-bit services and programs. In fact, if you try to add a 64-bit application to the exclusion list, Vista displays an error telling you it can't be done.
    Thanks for the link.

I can confirm that for the 'old-style' plug-in crash problem, the proposed solution above involving DEP setting does not lead to a solution unfortunately (at least for me); Xara 3.2.3 still crashes when 'old-style' LEs are used in Vista 32.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    DEP = Data Execution Prevention:
    Data Execution Prevention aims to protect your computer by making it harder for hackers to silently execute their programs in your PC.

Step-by-step guide here:
    http://www.windowssecrets.com/2007/0...rotect-your-PC

Note that the Data Execution Prevention tab of the Performance Options dialog box only lets you adjust DEP settings for 32-bit applications. If you have the 64-bit version of Vista installed (which can run both 32- and 64-bit apps), you're covered: Windows applies DEP to all 64-bit services and programs. In fact, if you try to add a 64-bit application to the exclusion list, Vista displays an error telling you it can't be done.
    That's right, but Extreme Pro IS A 32 BITS APP and it can be added to the DEP exception list.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeBoss49 View Post
    That's right, but Extreme Pro IS A 32 BITS APP and it can be added to the DEP exception list.
    Careful with that axe Eugene.

The last part to that post comes under the FYI umbrella.
    No mention of Xara being a 64bit app.

Sorry to continue this debate but my hardware does not support DEP and I went through the process of enabling DEP and then making exceptions and it has taken ages but still some of the plugins don't work. I now have a job to do and I would like to use Little Ink Pot Sketcher which doesn't work but with other plugins working this surely must be a compatibility issue with Vista. It can't be DEP because other plugins work whether DEP is enabled or not. It's OK I can use another computer which runs XP but DEP was enabled for software in that computer. Sorry for all the rambling but I can't understand this problem, any thoughts on this problem are welcome as I wish that when buying this computer I had the option of running XP.
    Last edited by Albacore; 19 September 2007 at 04:43 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.