Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm creating some buttons and I'm trying to figure out ways to highlight and color the text.

At first I was trying to color the text but of course manipulating the lighting changes the whole button color... which I can't do.

So... what should I do? Can I import text and lock the color so the lights don't mess with it?

Can I create raised text with it's own color value?

I'll attach the button I've created...

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm creating some buttons and I'm trying to figure out ways to highlight and color the text.

At first I was trying to color the text but of course manipulating the lighting changes the whole button color... which I can't do.

So... what should I do? Can I import text and lock the color so the lights don't mess with it?

Can I create raised text with it's own color value?

I'll attach the button I've created...

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Matt

Matt

Check out the June Trompe L'Oeil Room Tutorial. I have covered a technique that will let you accomplish what you are trying to do.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Thanks Gary, although not exactly what I had in mind. I just can't figure out a way to actually put text physically on a button, it seems when I merge the two using the techniques in the tutorial, the text vanishes intot the button.

Meanwhile, i've figured out a way to etch the text into the button surface. However, I was hoping you could tell me specifically how to remove the elipse you used, when creating the curved text line on the bottom of page 5. You say it's possible to 'delete the circle' but I've only found a way to make it invisible... not delete it. I need to delete it so I can subtract only the text from my object after I place it. I can make the elipse invisible but upon subtracting... it still cuts a big hole in my object.

I'd be greatful for any input.

Thanks-

Matt