Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This was done completely in Xara, that is, no filter effects. I wanted to stay away from bitmap editors to see how far Xara could take the idea. The wood frame is, however, a wood bitmap fill and the chrome fill is a bitmap too, Fraxplorer. I found it tough to get a realistic effect of liquid metal and I think I only got it half right. Chrome isn't really a process of liquified metal mind you, but I tried to add the effect anyway. I started out trying to bevel the text, but I ended up going the contour route, breaking and ungrouping, then offset filling the rear with the same. Every so often I'll go back to corelDraw out of necessity for certain jobs and it's always like downshifting in traffic. Xara is really user friendly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrome.jpg 
Views:	770 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	18834  

This was done completely in Xara, that is, no filter effects. I wanted to stay away from bitmap editors to see how far Xara could take the idea. The wood frame is, however, a wood bitmap fill and the chrome fill is a bitmap too, Fraxplorer. I found it tough to get a realistic effect of liquid metal and I think I only got it half right. Chrome isn't really a process of liquified metal mind you, but I tried to add the effect anyway. I started out trying to bevel the text, but I ended up going the contour route, breaking and ungrouping, then offset filling the rear with the same. Every so often I'll go back to corelDraw out of necessity for certain jobs and it's always like downshifting in traffic. Xara is really user friendly.

Very nice effect ivca.

I did some chrome raindrops in my August 1998 Xara Tutorialthat I was rather proud of. And the golden sphere turned out better than I could have hoped for.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Ah yes, I remember doing that one and taking pride in the results. My wife loved it. I put a picture of my daughter in it instead fo the text. And I think i did it in draw as well. I've done at least 80% of your tutes over the last 2 years and have learned and grown to appreciate what Xara can do. Thank you for passing that on.

Regards Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sky-water-shpere.jpg 
Views:	702 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	6870