Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Blend issues

Hi all.

I'm using CD9 but have tried to solve this issue when running CD11 in the past, to no avail.

When I create a circle (constrained). Then create a 6 step blend (or any even number of steps)of two identical rectangles. I can never apply these to the circles path in such a way that they are evenly spaced and all pointing out (like the hour/min points on a clock).

I know how to do it, but the "Blend along full path" and "Rotate all objects" never gives truly accurate results.

I can get very close, but guides prove it is never 100% accurate.

Is this just my system???

Sark
    IP

Hi all.

I'm using CD9 but have tried to solve this issue when running CD11 in the past, to no avail.

When I create a circle (constrained). Then create a 6 step blend (or any even number of steps)of two identical rectangles. I can never apply these to the circles path in such a way that they are evenly spaced and all pointing out (like the hour/min points on a clock).

I know how to do it, but the "Blend along full path" and "Rotate all objects" never gives truly accurate results.

I can get very close, but guides prove it is never 100% accurate.

Is this just my system???

Sark
    IP

I can't see the difference in my version of Draw 11. I also thought there was an issue with this too, must have read it somewhere in the past, but when I tried it, then rotated copies of the rectangle with the center snapped to the circle's center, the results superimposed. Maybe your circle is slightly squashed?
    IP

Grafixman, Hi.

I'm sure I had this problem in the past before it dissapeared and has now reappeared. It may be one of those irritating intermittent problems which require a reinstall. My mesh fill doesn't work at the moment, even after a reinstall of Draw, but I know it has worked in the past.

The problem with Draw is, you cannot rid it from the system without serious digging in the registry. Only a HD reformat and Windows reinstall solves these problems for me.

Thanks for replying.

Sark
    IP