Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi guys....I need some help please. I have been sent an image of a football teams shirt logo. The problem is it is on a white square background and I just want the shape of the badge / crest. How do you lift an image off its background ??

Thanks
    IP

Hi guys....I need some help please. I have been sent an image of a football teams shirt logo. The problem is it is on a white square background and I just want the shape of the badge / crest. How do you lift an image off its background ??

Thanks
    IP

If I was doing this in Draw, I'd probably trace the logo's shape with the bezier tool, then powerclip the bitmap into this. In Photopaint, I'd click the white area around it with the magic wand selection tool, reverse the selection so the shape is now selected, copy and paste that to a new layer.
    IP

Hi grafixman, thanks for that I will give it a go

Regards

david
    IP

Sorry grafixman,,,.as usual it is not going as easy as you made it sound. Could you please explain in nice idiot proof instructions because it is not " all lifting " it maybe because there is some white in the badge design, its possibly confusing it ? I tried the bezier tool and its not crisp enough round the edge, you can see where I clipped it. thanks again for your time

David
    IP

Perhaps you could post your original pic and what you came up with so we could see the problem?
    IP

I would love to, how the hell do you do it ??

David
    IP

See the rightmost button on the top when you post a message or reply to one? The one with the paperclip icon? Click that and browse your files for the pic or the file you want to upload. Keep it small though. I'm not really sure what's the file size limit of the board.
    If you have a site, you also upload it to your site and hotlink it using the third button from the right, the green pictureframe one beside the mail button.
    If you used the bezier tool in Draw and powerclipped the logo inside, you could still tweak the nodes to get the right shape. The trick with nodes is to keep it to the minimum number to get smoother curves. It should be pretty easy.
    IP

Hi David
    Cant you export into Photoshop as a jpeg. you could then do a clipping image and save as an eps. Then inport back in Coerel as PostScipt Intepreted image?

Just a thought!

Dave C
    IP