Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF Export (pages, layers and background)

Hello

I'm probably being a numpty, but I have tried the following and it didn't work as I expected..
    - Create a background graphic design
    - Create new foreground layers with different things on
    - Exported this as a PDF with "layers as new pages"

Now, I expected the background to appear on each page in the PDF with the foreground layers overlayed - each layer forcing a new page.

But the background layer is put on a page of its own, with each foreground layer also on a page of their own.

Is there a way to do what I desire? Or do I have need to resort to exporting each page individually and merging the PDF's into one doc?

My method seems logical to me...

Default Re: PDF Export (pages, layers and background)

I haven't tried it, but if you do successive exports with each "foreground" layer turned on (visible) you should get what you are after. If you want multiple .pdfs with different things on a common background.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

At the moment there is no facility to have a master page or layer and then when you export to PDF the master page or layer is on each new page with the data from that layer included. The only way to do it, if I have interpreted your question correctly and if you are using XPro, is to copy your background layer, make an new page, paste the background layer then do your foreground layer, go on to the next page and to that as well and the export your doc as PDF.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hiya

Ok, thats what I feared. Oh well I'll bash away manually for now and hope that Xtreme Pro gets this in the next upgrade I guess.

Ta

set your background page with images, then hit duplicate this page everything will be copied..tao

Ah - that sounds really useful thank you

I'll try it when I go back into windows (I use Linux for everything except Xara)

Default Background Page Enhancement

I just tried an experiment by Ctrl-dragging items from the Fill and Clipart Galleries onto the page. It works just like Crtl-dragging from the Color Line onto the page. They are assigned to the background layer and fills are automatically tiled; be nice if Xara would ask you if you wanted to tile, fit to width, or fit to heigth. (if you need to edit the background layer, open the Layer Properties dialog and click in the "editable" box).