Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default importing your own designs into MM?

Hi -- I'm new to MM, but not new to Xara or web page building. I'd like to know if we can build our own templates in Xara or PS or any graphics package and use them in MM? I've seen other questions on this board similar to this, but haven't really seen an answer. I checked support.xara.com and found this:

"You can import GIF, JPEG and PNG files for use as texture fills and backgrounds, and in many cases you can also replace photos used in our templates with your own, but you cannot otherwise import new designs into Webstyle or Menu Maker for editing or use as templates." (Article ID 2372)

This kinda answers the question with a big fat "NO", but I just cannot believe that. As great a product as Xara is, there MUST be a way to do this! I see that the templates that come with MM have extensions such as .wix, .xws, and .xgt -- none of which I have ever heard of. Must be proprietary. So, how do you folks use MM? Do you just pick one of the available templates? What if there isn't one that fits with the design of the rest of your site?

Default Re: importing your own designs into MM?

After MM has created your bitmap images, you can replace them with your own designs making sure that you maintain the original size and name etc.
    MM will load up your images without knowing that you have altered them.

You will also have to make sure that you keep a copy of each redesign as MM will over-write them whenever you use MM to edit you menu.

Default Re: importing your own designs into MM?

D'oh! That's an excellent solution -- thanks, Salaam!