Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default [ Request ] HowTo Xara + Wine installation

Hi to everyone

I was thinking about how to support the Linux version of Xara Xtreme.
    I'm not a programmer, so I thought about a way to give an hand.

Why don't you write an howto to installa Xara Xtreme (pro or basic) on linux with wine?
    In this way the one that wants to use it for professional porpouse can buy it and support directly with money the Linux version

Now, I'm not good enough to write this howto, but maybe someone can easyly do that for us ^^

what do you think about it?
    IP

Default Re: [ Request ] HowTo Xara + Wine installation

You can run the demo version with wine, but....it has some bugs. One I can remember is the 'handles' around an object are not visible, another is when you install, the installer prompts you for some .dll which you can't download from Microsoft unless you have copy of windows.

But try for yourself, things could have changed, its a few months since I tried. But why not show our gratitude to the atm only contributor of code instead of looking for so-so solutions?
    Last edited by con; 01 August 2007 at 10:01 AM.
    IP

Default Re: [ Request ] HowTo Xara + Wine installation

We have been thanking the developers for a long time. I think the ones who have worked the program know we care and appreciate. Somehow more folks will come along and continue the project until it is fully open source. It's coming... thanks JLM, JD, AB, and all would contribute.
    Last edited by fjgaude; 01 August 2007 at 02:35 PM.
    IP