Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Basics.. quick questions

I have experience with another graphics package.. and I can't figure out how to do a couple things here in XXP that I could easily do in the other. Can you help explain the follow:
    1. How can you create an outlined shape.. for instance a circle or square, so that you can control the width of the outline?
    2. How can you create text to follow a path.. ie: have a circle that the text is inside of, and the sides of the text warp slightly to match the curve of the circle
    3. How can you 'hide' an image temporarily while you work on something that is below it?

Any help would be appreciated! (I am trying to create a logo for a client, and want to do it here in XXP, but can't work out some of the simple things quick enough to meet my deadline by myself!)

Thanks!

Default Re: Basics.. quick questions

Dawn,
    I would suggest that you be like all others that wish to learn Xara and start off by reading the tutorials on the xaraxone.
    These will show you all that you need to know and if at any point you need clarification, just ask the members here then for help with specific tasks

Default Re: Basics.. quick questions

Hi

Good suggestion from Kiwi

look at the tutorial movies that come with the program too - they will help with the basics

short answers:
    question 1 - use 'set line width' box [control bar] together with 'scale line widths' button [selection tool mode infobar]
    question 2 - searching the forum is usually a good idea, here is one related thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=28289
    question 3 - use layers - sometimes outline view will help if all the objects are on one layer, but use of layers is very important to efficient use of the program IMO.

Hope this helps
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: Basics.. quick questions

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference, SunnyOZ

The Xara Xone Workbook Alphabetized INDEX

Xara Basics

New Users Guide

New Users Guide II

The Xara Xone Workbook series cover most of the basics and also have mini-tutorials for putting some of the basic moves together.

Gary