Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xtreme Photo Editor Gone

Installed Xtreme Pro, then uninstalled Xtreme1. Xtreme photo editor is no longer defaul photo editor. Followed Xara help on how to right click an image and browse to Xara Photo Editor, then I could choose to "always use this program" to open picture files. Trouble is when I browse to the .exe file, it won't open. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Xtreme Photo Editor Gone

Welcome hotrodsue,

If you go into the utilities/options menu, under the effects and plugins you can change your default editor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	263 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	40203  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

In utilities my "Effects and Plugins" tab does not have the "Editing Bitmaps" option, it is blank. My XtremePro was purchased prior to the latest 3.2 version. Does that make a difference? Is it ok to uninstall previous versions of Xtreme, when I upgrade?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.gif 
Views:	230 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	40240  

Egg's screen shot if for version 3.2 which lets you select your bitmap editor.

Better to uninstall Xtreme 1 first and then install Xtreme Pro. If you uninstall Xtreme after installing Xtreme Pro some of the shared settinga and or files might be deleted.

Gary

Heck, just leave it installed. I have X1, xtreme and pro all loaded with no problems. What is nice about xara is all the versions are stand alone. I can run all 3 versions at the same time.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

in fact I would recommend it

a lot of functions have changed - sometimes its good to have the option to revert to the old way of doing something - running the programs, as John says, side by side
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...