Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default bitmap fillings settings away?

hi,
    ok i try to explain:
    if i fill a simple shape with a repeting bitmap, i rezise and rotate the bitmap filling.
    than i change the original bitmap in the external editor, activate the filled shape, open the bitmap gallery , doubleclick the adjusted bitmap to fill the shape, and now ...?

yes, now the rotation and rezising is away !!!

with older xara this was not happen!

what is wrong?

pls help

regards
    reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Re: bitmap fillings settings away?

The new default for 3.2 is the bitmap fill fills the entire selected shape. And the fill is a Single Tile not a Repeating Tile.

I think the old way is better.

Gary

Default Re: bitmap fillings settings away?

hmm.
    no good news.

i', a fashion designer ans often fill shirts with a single repeat
    of checkered fabric.

now if i chage the color i have to fill everzthing again and finding exactly
    the positioin at the hem or sleeve is unpossible ...

any ideas?

or do have to stay at the old xara ...?

regards
    reinhard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3shirts.gif 
Views:	1169 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	40182  
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Yes,
    the old way was much better.
    Now even if you simply apply effect using the picture editor (e.g. contrast, luminosity or gamma) you have to re-position everything again.

The worst thing is that I believe that Xara has stopped listening to professional users, even for the Pro version

Luciano
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitmaps.jpg 
Views:	1098 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	40184  

Hi,

sorry wanted to say copy/paste atributes
    does only work with dragging new fill from fill gallery not replace bitmap

Hans
    Last edited by haakoo; 27 July 2007 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
    hmm.
    no good news.

i', a fashion designer ans often fill shirts with a single repeat
    of checkered fabric.

now if i chage the color i have to fill everzthing again and finding exactly
    the positioin at the hem or sleeve is unpossible ...

any ideas?

or do have to stay at the old xara ...?

regards
    reinhard
    Hi rsrsrs

Let me add my discontent to this 'fixing' of something that was not IMO broke

what you can do as a work around is drag and drop the amended bitmap - but you cannot do this from the bitmap gallery, you have to do it from the fill gallery [see release notes]

so:

create a folder and add it to your fill gallery using disc fills button [you need only do this once]

then export the amended bitmap to this folder and then drag and drop it onto your filled shape from the fill gallery - this should then work as before

EDIT - you may need to update the folder index after each export for the bitmap to show in the fill gallery [disc fill button/update] - this is a proceedure, but at least it means the original filled shape can be refilled without needing to be re-set which would be much more of a pain - in my case certainly

xara - why? - could we not do something like this from the bitmap gallery?
    Last edited by handrawn; 27 July 2007 at 02:39 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hi rsrsrs

Let me add my discontent to this 'fixing' of something that was not IMO broke

what you can do as a work around is drag and drop the amended bitmap - but you cannot do this from the bitmap gallery, you have to do it from the fill gallery [see release notes]

so:

create a folder and add it to your fill gallery using disc fills button [you need only do this once]

then export the amended bitmap to this folder and then drag and drop it onto your filled shape from the fill gallery - this should then work as before

EDIT - you may need to update the folder index after each export for the bitmap to show in the fill gallery [disc fill button/update] - this is a proceedure, but at least it means the original filled shape can be refilled without needing to be re-set which would be much more of a pain - in my case certainly

xara - why? - could we not do something like this from the bitmap gallery?
    I heard/read there was a shift override to return to the old behaviour, but it doesn't seem to work for dropping new bitmaps onto bitmap filled shapes.

I'll check that out too..thanks

EDIT: agree with xhris - shift overide dosn't work here - hopefully its just an oversight on the part of xara and it will get fixed...
    Last edited by handrawn; 27 July 2007 at 05:11 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I have to add my extreme discontent of this extremely irritating change in for applying bitmap fills. It causes lots of extra work.

If Xara refuses to revert it back to the way it was, hopefully one of you programmer savvy people will come up with a registry fix we can use.

Judi

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    I heard/read there was a shift override to return to the old behaviour, but it doesn't seem to work for dropping new bitmaps onto bitmap filled shapes.
    Having just been caught with this change I've been reading the help because I remembered reading something similar.

I think that the "shift override" that we both remember reading about was the extract from the online help below:
    Note: Dropping a bitmap from the gallery onto a shape will not give that shape a bitmap fill if it doesn't already have one.
    This is to prevent you from unintentionally filling a shape like a photo frame border with a photo, if you drop it in slightly the wrong place. To drop a bitmap onto a shape without a bitmap fill, hold down the Shift key while dragging or use the fill tool to select the bitmap fill type first for this shape.
    Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 seems to have the "Noddy" mode turned on by default. I'm pleased that I'm not the only one who found the changes odd, but am disheartened to see others reported the same thing two months ago without resolution... Shame that Xtreme Pro 3.0 and 3.2 can't sit side by side - I think I'll have to install Xtreme 2.0 back onto my PC to work in the "non-Noddy" mode.