Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Still no word on a OS X version?

I haven't visited in a long while and I don't see anything regarding it. Is it completely dead now?
    Last edited by eobet; 19 February 2009 at 02:29 PM.
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.

Default Re: Still no word on a OS X version?

Are you asking if OS X is Dead? Just kidding.

No one here has heard anything about a Mac version of Xtreme. But something like that would never be disclosed before it is ready for release.

Is it under development? Only Xara Group would know and they won't say one way or the other.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Are you asking if OS X is Dead? Just kidding.

No one here has heard anything about a Mac version of Xtreme. But something like that would never be disclosed before it is ready for release.

Is it under development? Only Xara Group would know and they won't say one way or the other.
    Please don't make ignorant jabs about OS X.

Also, there was a version of Xara under development for OS X. It was talked about, by the developers on this forum, and if you search, I bet you can still download the source code and get it to run. It never did much though, and I was wondering if any progress had been made.

But that subforum has now been renamed "Xara for Linux", so that's why I'm posting in here instead.
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.

Lighten up Eobet it was just a joke. Your origianl post wasn't clear as to what you were referring to as being dead.

The Linux source code could be compiled to run on OS X after all it is just another flavor of Unix like OS.

The development of the Linux version of Xtreme has not progressed for about 2 years now. Before MAGIX bought or merged with Xara there was mention of a possible OS X version but no word about that has been forthcoming since the MAGIX acquisition of Xara.

BTW I have been the moderator for the Linux forum since it was created, OS X was only a side note at most.
    Last edited by Soquili; 19 February 2009 at 04:33 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Something as wonderfully designed and programmed as Xara--with its relatively immaculate attention to efficiency in all forms and productivity (which is why it has my attention at all)--deserves to be on all platforms really. Even though I'm not a Mac user, in principle I'd love to see a Mac port; although conversely I'd be unhappy about the time taken away from the Windows version to develop it, but you can't win them all. Asside: I don't think Soquili meant any offense with his joke about Macs, I read it as very light hearted and just what this forum needs an injection of at the moment.