Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Restore default paper textures

I've downloaded an "extra" paper texture file from Painter IX disk, but, now I would like to return the default textures. Can this be done?
    IP

Default Re: Restore default paper textures

Hi nedo,

You can load the default Painter IX Papers library just as you would load any other Papers library except you'll need to find it in the correct location (where it was installed).

1. In the Papers palette menu, choose Open Library, then click the Load button.

2. Navigate to the Corel Painter IX application/program folder (where the software was installed).

3. Highlight the Painter.pap file (Windows) or Painter Textures file (Mac), then click the Open button and the default Painter IX Papers library is loaded and ready to use.

Jin
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Thank you Jenni for the quick response to my question.
    As a follow-up question may I ask if there is a way to have all the paper textures in one location? Like one big paper file?
    As you probably guessed I'm new to Painter and slow to move around inside a computer.
    Thanks for your patience.
    n...
    IP

Hi,

First, my name is Jinny (or Jin), not Jenni, Jenny, Ginny, or some other name.

Thanks.

Though we can create our own Papers libraries, we would not be able to add all Papers to a single library. I don't know if Painter has a limit but our computers do. When any library, brush, Papers, Patterns, etc., becomes too large, it slows down Painter's performance.

The default Papers library must remain in the location where the software was installed.

Other Papers libraries can be located wherever you want them.

Though we can keep extra and custom libraries together in one location of our choosing, in Painter X, any libraries we load are added to the appropriate Workspace folder in the Painter X User folder.

Jinny

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Sorry for the name error.
    Thank you for your answer.
    IP