Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Export Settings

Default Export Settings

Hi,

Is there a way or a setting for PNG exports to:
    • -Keep the name of the original Xar file? (Ex: Doodle.xar = Doodle.png)
    • -Area to save be always 'page'?
    • -That the folder to export be the same as the folder of the opened file?

Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Regards

Default Re: Export Settings

Sorry, not that I know of. They would have to provide some stickiness or options to handle what you're looking for.

I understand how annoying it is when an app doesn't remember what you just did or doesn't work the way you want it to just then. (And I would be extremely annoyed if Xara did what you're asking because I don't work that way at all. )

That said, you can try experimenting with the Save Settings on Exit option on the Options | General tab to see if that keeps you in the same folder. (It's been a long time since I unchecked that, so I'm fuzzy on the effect.)

And it won't get Page selected for output, but the dialog will go to Drawing if you have nothing selected when you initiated the export. If you make a habit of keeping a page-sized rectangle on the bottom layer, the Drawing option may effectively export to page. Worth a try.

As for exporting to the xar file name, you can try switching the export type to xar, clicking on the name, then switching the type to png. It's a couple of extra clicks, but it may still be better than typing the whole thing in again.

Hope this helps,
    Allison

for the doodle.xar, doodle.png question... I usually just selelct save, which remembers the last type you saved as... so... If you save you file as doodle.xar, then select export then doodle.xar will be one of the export options. I would just select doodle.xar, then switch the type to png... And you just what ya asked fur...

John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Hi,

Yes usually I do saveas.. and copy the file name, export afterwards and paste the file name, then I specify the settings.

It is just a detail but when I export, for example, a batch of 20 illustration it makes me wonder.

Another way is to export to Psd which automatically includes the page size.

The rectangle trick is a great idea!

Thanks for taking the time to write suggestions!

-Coco

I use the same technique of copying and pasting the name into the export dialog.

However, here is another alternative to try.

Just export the image to a specific directory and use filenames such as 1.png, 2.png, etc.

Then use this free and AWESOME util called Bulk Renamer >>
    www.bulkrenameutility.co.ukwww.bulkrenameutility.co.uk
    Last edited by jclements; 26 July 2007 at 07:23 PM.

This looks like a very powerful utility, thanks.

I usually do it with Xnview, it has a built-in batch renaming feature but not as elaborate as the bulk renamer