Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to colorize an image pink?

Can anyone advise how to colorize an image pink?

I'd like to make a full colour image only shades of pink. I tried using the colors>colorize option, but the closest I got was purple.
    IP

Default Re: How to colorize an image pink?

Is this what you had in mind? http://www.genaw.com/linda/pink_photo.jpg

I got the best results when I changed my photo to greyscale then changed the colors back to 16 million. Then, I created a new layer above my photo and flood filled it with a shade of pink. Next I changed the Blend Mode for the new layer to Overlay then played with the opacity until I got what I wanted. I was able to get similar results, but not quite as pink, with Colorize too. I had to set the Hue to 255 or else it tended to be a bit purple. I wasn't as pleased with the results using Colorize though. I'm using PSP8, by the way.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKY View Post

I'd like to make a full colour image only shades of pink. I tried using the colors>colorize option, but the closest I got was purple.
    Try this:
    Add a new Raster Layer>fill with pink>set the Blend mode of the layer to Hard Light.

Experiment with the other Blend Modes too, it's great fun.

Grenou
    IP

I did a photo that shaded a black and white photo pink, but of course then it's black and white and pink. It was a snap, using only the color balance tool. I increased the red and blue in the midrange, red and a touch of magenta in the highlight and a little yellow in the shadow.

I'd have to give some thought to how you'd take all the black out, though, if that's all you want in the image. What a fun idea.

UPDATE I went from a color shot to a mostly pink one without desaturating first. This time I used only the curves tool, working with the red and blue channels. Still some black in there, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HorseShadow557.PINK.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	40429   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PinkDuck209.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	40431  

Last edited by soenda; 06 August 2007 at 06:56 PM.
    Please visit my photo galleries: www.pbase.com/soenda
    IP

Possibly someone who has a better understanding than I do of preparing color separations for printing will see your request and make a suggestion.

I have a hunch that "colorize" and "only shades of pink" don't really go together. Colorize suggests adding pink to a monotone, while removing everything but pink suggests taking out all the black.

I fussed around trying to find a way to get all the black out of the image and limit it to different tones of pink. I found a sort of Barbie Pink that was R:255, G:7 and B:144. But I couldn't find the way to do a sort of separation that would remove all the black.

It certainly has been an interesting learning experience to try, though. I hope others will offer their ideas.
    Please visit my photo galleries: www.pbase.com/soenda
    IP

closest I've got so far, using a filter on soenda's photo

Name:	pinkhorse1.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	306.6 KB 
ID:	40432  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

and one chaging the color mode from rgb to monotone - not sure if you can do that in psp?

Name:	pinker horse1.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	40433  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP