Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi there all, not been here for a while, but I've been a Xara anything you name user for a long time and this is the first time I've really had any cause to gripe. I've been using Webstyle 3 for a long time, and had 4 installed, but hadn't got round to using it on a new site...until today that is. Well done Xara for taking one of the best pieces of software on the market and messing it up...to a degree.

Firstly, for Xara support. The reason people are having problems with Webstyle 4, even after your long and detailed explanations, is because they are used to Webstyle 3.1, where you clicked on the menu's, created them and saved them, and it WORKED. Then, if you want to adjust a navbar in your chosen web authoring programme, you merely double clicked on the navbar and you could adjust it, add buttons, change URL's etc. etc.

Webstyle 4 however, is NOT Webstyle 3.1 and is not nearly as quick and easy in its functionality, which is what most people are used to, and which is why Xara had such a wondeful product before.

I've found most of this out today.

Fort all those who are trouble seeing navbars or uploading them, it is a simple and easy fix, if a pain after the functionality of Webstyle 3.1.

It is all down to where you save all the files. When you click save after making your navbar, make sure that the graphics are SAVED in your root directory of the site on the local disk where everything else is listed, this is the graphics folder listed on the RIGHT within the save dialogue box. Everything else is then saved in this same directory. You have two saves to make sure you get right, the one on the right and left.

You cannot directly open and adjust the navbar once it's embedded, yu have to delete it then re-insert a new one for all intents and purposes, so if you have more than one navbar, save a template for EACH in a different PROJECT folder.

If you look at www.shootingschool.net you'll see there are actually three different ones on the mainpage, and also a separate one for each page of the web; I found out the hard way that each isn't saved independantly and if I want to adjust one it has to be done by remaking the links and urls etc.

The Frontpage addin is available directly from the Webstyle/Support/Faqs page from Xara.com, and this should fix the thumbnail insertion problem. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Hi there all, not been here for a while, but I've been a Xara anything you name user for a long time and this is the first time I've really had any cause to gripe. I've been using Webstyle 3 for a long time, and had 4 installed, but hadn't got round to using it on a new site...until today that is. Well done Xara for taking one of the best pieces of software on the market and messing it up...to a degree.

Firstly, for Xara support. The reason people are having problems with Webstyle 4, even after your long and detailed explanations, is because they are used to Webstyle 3.1, where you clicked on the menu's, created them and saved them, and it WORKED. Then, if you want to adjust a navbar in your chosen web authoring programme, you merely double clicked on the navbar and you could adjust it, add buttons, change URL's etc. etc.

Webstyle 4 however, is NOT Webstyle 3.1 and is not nearly as quick and easy in its functionality, which is what most people are used to, and which is why Xara had such a wondeful product before.

I've found most of this out today.

Fort all those who are trouble seeing navbars or uploading them, it is a simple and easy fix, if a pain after the functionality of Webstyle 3.1.

It is all down to where you save all the files. When you click save after making your navbar, make sure that the graphics are SAVED in your root directory of the site on the local disk where everything else is listed, this is the graphics folder listed on the RIGHT within the save dialogue box. Everything else is then saved in this same directory. You have two saves to make sure you get right, the one on the right and left.

You cannot directly open and adjust the navbar once it's embedded, yu have to delete it then re-insert a new one for all intents and purposes, so if you have more than one navbar, save a template for EACH in a different PROJECT folder.

If you look at www.shootingschool.net you'll see there are actually three different ones on the mainpage, and also a separate one for each page of the web; I found out the hard way that each isn't saved independantly and if I want to adjust one it has to be done by remaking the links and urls etc.

The Frontpage addin is available directly from the Webstyle/Support/Faqs page from Xara.com, and this should fix the thumbnail insertion problem. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif