Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Screensaver 'size' question

I created a screensaver for a client which I installed on his new laptop with a screen resolution of 1280x900. To my surprise, the screensaver wasn't "stretched" to fill the screen. It appears to be a 5x3 ratio. So, my question is, what "size" in the "Export screensaver" parameters should I use to display correctly on widescreen displays? And/or is there something else I should do to accommodate these widescreen displays?

Unhappy Re: Screensaver 'size' question

Last edited by Pilgrim; 22 July 2007 at 05:40 PM.

Default Re: Screensaver 'size' question

Pilgrim,

I've never really played much with the screen saver function. In general it would appear that the scr file is normally set up on your own computer and takes the resolution of your monitor to create the file which of course is no good to you.

Xara3D6 was released before the proliferation of wide screen monitors so It doesn't support them that well. But going by the Help file I'd try to export your scr at 640 x 480 pixels (half size) which is as close as you can get it to your clients resolution. You might need to do a bit of squashing the text in the vertical or horizontal plane to get it looking correct on his monitors resolution.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Screensaver 'size' question

Egg,

Thanks much for taking the time to respond. I'll definitely try the 640 x 480 sizing and see if that works better. What I did as a temporary work around was to make the background color black, which at least made things look right. hehe