Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hye!
    i've got a problem openning photoshopLE.5 docs(.psd) containning Layers with p6...a black image without the layers...
    do someone now the problem?
    thanks for helping.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

hye!
    i've got a problem openning photoshopLE.5 docs(.psd) containning Layers with p6...a black image without the layers...
    do someone now the problem?
    thanks for helping.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi JC and welcome to this forum.
    Can you give any more details regarding your problem? I don't know if I can help you but perhaps someone else in the group can.
    IP

i replied to this question a couple of days ago but it didn't load. the same problem has happened to me with the same software. i don't know what the specific problem is but i found the best solution is to avoid moving files back and forth. PS 5.5 and P6 are more compatible with file conversion so long as you use the same layer attributes in P6 as in PS.

stecyk66
    IP

Hi,

A workaround might be to save each Photoshop Layer as an individual file then open them in Painter and reconstruct the Layers. If you've applied Blending modes to the Photoshop Layers, they may not carry over as you'd like them to, but Painter offers the option to apply Composite Methods that are nearly the same as Photoshop's Blending Modes and include at least one that Photoshop (I believe) doesn't have: Gel.

To use Composite Methods:

1. Use the Layer Adjuster tool and, in the Layers list, highlight the Layer.

2. In the Controls:Adjuster palette, choose one of the options listed in the Composite Methods dropdown list.

I've never used Photoshop LE so I hope this is some help to you.

Good luck,

Jinny
    _______

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP