Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: A Quicky

Default A Quicky

In this months Comp. Arts there is a 10 minute tutorial for Illy for the new CS 3 Shape Mode Tools. Well this one took me twenty minutes in XPro without all the bells and whistles of CS 3 and I even did it in just plain old CS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jelly_fish.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	40377  
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: A Quicky

Hmmm... Nice Fridge art Peter?
    Last edited by raynerj1; 04 August 2007 at 10:35 PM.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Hello Derek,
    This could be a challenge, but who'd do the timekeeping? Here's my effort, I did stop after 10 minutes, as you can probably tell 10 minutes included making the pink & white bubble brushes.

Off topic, but it was a posting of yours just before Christmas - glue bottle.
    You've undoubtedly remembered what make it was by now, you probably woke in the middle of the night in early January and shouted out "Gloy"! for that is what it is.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jellyfish.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	40386  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

It's is Peter by the way, but that doesn't matter and yes that small piece of info hit me like a brick just like you describe, in Canada of all places about 2 weeks after I posted that thread. Yes I did think of doing this bit of art, if you can describe that as such as a challenge but then I took longer than the time stated and I even tried to do it quicker in Illy but that did not work but I still think that everyone should try a fast piece now and again and to hell with the results it keeps your drawi9ng skills sharp. I don't want to compare Illy with XPro cos both have strengths and weaknesses and i couldn't call now a favorite but to edit a drawing is quicker in Xara but now to scan and colour a handrawn object is easier in Illy and I am only talking about CS not CS3.
    Design is thinking made visual.