Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to install brushes in photo impact pro 8.5

i've been playing with the features again and have found out how to instal new fonts in PI. but i'd like to know how to install custom brushes, like ones used to make textures. can someone please help me?
    IP

Default Re: how to install brushes in photo impact pro 8.5

i i didn't know you could specify install fonts for photoimpact. how did you do it?
    IP

well it isn't through PI you install font, you do it through the comp itself. this is for windows 98 and XP, not sure how to do it with other versions but here:

Windows XP (i think this is right)
    my computer> windows> fonts

Windows 98
    my computer> control panel> fonts

then just copy and paste the font you want installed, then restart and you should be able to use it, not only in PI but in word and anything else with fonts.
    Last edited by Rika24; 17 July 2007 at 10:35 PM.
    IP

Rika,
    Doing it as you suggest is installing extra fonts into your windows program which could eventually slow the loading time if you install too many.
    A safer way of getting new fonts is to download and unzip them to a seperate folder on your hard drive.
    When you wish to use them, open this folder and then open the font you like, minimise it to task bar and then open your PI.
    The selected font will then appear in your fonts list in PI and you can use it from there.
    Hope this helps
    IP

to save custom brushes in PI all u need to do is save them to ur paintbrush texture panel as u make them ..or.. drag them to ur easy pallete..or save them as ufo's
    IP