Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Small change, need to update every frame?

Animation:

I have a 600x800 web page that floats in from the right.

|......|xxxx
    |...xx|xx
    |..xxx|x
    |xxxx|

The first frame zooms in real quick, then it slowly comes to slow down at the 98% stage to gently get to 100%.

This is the effect I'm after:

http://www.mimmoandnaz.com/mimmo+naz...iographies.htm

My questions are twofold:

The content is a smattering of xara text and xara pictures, like 5-10 items ( depending on the page) It floats in on _level2 when triggered by a "menu item" link.

I group the items, then I name the group, then I place the group at different places on the 4 frames I have to make it zoom in.

My problem is that when I see a spelling mistake in retrospect, or if I need to change one of the photos, I guess I need to go through each frame and change the item by CTRL-clicking inside the group, or I have to ungroup, change the spelling of something, then regroup, and then do that in the next frames, etc. My problem is workflow. If I have many more web pages, or many more frames in one "web page" animation that floats in, I have to make these simple changes many times in each frame. Is there some workflow thing I'm missing to propogate a change in text or a picture in one frame to the other frames? Should I be making a bitmap copy of the scene, and then taking that one item, naming it, and then dropping that through all the frames? At least the new bitmap drag would quickly inject that into each scene, and there would be no real piecemeal editing involved...

Anyway, so that's question one.

Question two is, how do I make the frame stop more smoothly like on the page I referenced above? I think I need some sort of parabolic slowing down, and I'm not properly expressing it in my frame intervals and times. ( attached)

Thanks for any ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frames.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	39842  
    IP