Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Flash not showing in IE or attachment

Greetings,

I purposely got the upgrade for Xara for the Flash creativity. Love using it...but... after uploading to web I cannot see the flash. I used Macromedia 8, then updated to 9...but neither did the trick.

What can I try?

Also, can this be sent as an attachment in an email?

Thanks for your HELP!!!!!!!!
    IP

Default Re: Not showing in IE or attachment

Hi Meia,

Some clarification first please.
    I used Macromedia 8, then updated to 9...
    Are you talking about Flash 8 & Flash 9 OR the Flash Player 8 and 9?

I'll assume you've created your Flash file (.swf) in Xtreme. Once you've created you've got to embed in into an HTML file. Here's a part of the Help files that covers Inserting Flash Animations Into a Web Page:

To place your SWF animation into a web page you will need to insert some HTML code. Click the View HTML link to get code that you can paste into your web page using your preferred HTML editor.

Note: you must change the SWF file name in the code to match the actual name of your exported SWF file. You must also place your SWF file into the same directory as your web page for the code to work. While you can place the SWF file in a different directory, you will need to change the HTML code accordingly if you do.
    (Note: If this thread is just about Xtreme Flash I'll move it to the Xara Xtreme / Flash Forum just so you know where it's gone)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thank you, I am talking about Xara Flash... if you move this I will go there...

Thanks much!!!

Meia
    IP

Meia,

When you select Flash Browser Preview, there is a link in the Browser Preview window "View HTML". If you click on this and copy the code, you can paste this into the source code of your html web page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	240 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	40322  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Unhappy Newbie... Not Able to View Flash

Well I recently upgraded Xara purposely for the flash abilities (Xara Flash).
    I created a test flash and inserted in a webpage. But, unfortunately I am not able to view it after it is uploaded to the host. I've renamed it, and made sure all the files are where they are supposed to be. I can view it from my computer, but after I publish it, I nor anyone else can see it. It just runs and runs as if it is trying to find it...to no avail.

I am assuming it is something that I am not doing correctly.

Can someone suggest what I can try next? I thought things were going to easily.... ;>

Thanks for the HELP!!!!

Regards,
    Meia
    IP

Thank you for this suggestion...that was the first thing I tried. When i did that I didn't even see an empty box!

I apologize for the double threads... it was transferred from the other forum...Sorry...

I'll go back and retry inserting code.

Thanks,
    Meia
    IP

Default Re: Newbie... Not Able to View Flash

Meia,

You can also check it's on your server by tying in:

just change the yourdomain.com to the real path to the file and change your.swf to the swf files real name.

Can you see the swf?

EDIT: We were cross posting whilst I was merging the 2 threads into this one.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 01 August 2007 at 03:04 PM.
    Egg

IP

Thumbs up Re: Flash not showing in IE or attachment

Thank you, I did rename the files but it still had not worked. I dumped everything, then put files back in folder and for some reason it worked. I'm sure I had missed a step...or two. Ironically, the second time I did not have to rename the files at all. I simply inserted the flash (using Macromedia) and the name was already in it.

I've always said this is the most helpul and user friendly forum!

Thanks much!
    Meia
    IP

Default Re: Flash not showing in IE or attachment

Meia,

Glad to hear you've got it sorted.
    Egg

IP